• Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information

North East SSoM Members!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter whitehorseupnorth
  • Start date Start date Oct 20, 2003
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 339
  • 340
  • 341
  • 342
  • 343
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 341 of 1056 Next Last

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Apr 28, 2005
#6,801
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,801
rustang04 said:
awsome. i want to see what that things got for hp.
Click to expand...
I should be at or near right around 500 hp at the wheels.
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Apr 28, 2005
#6,802
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,802
rustang04 said:
awsome. i want to see what that things got for hp.
Click to expand...
So you interested in going? We could meet at the Kennebec rest stop on 95S (our usual meeting spot) Sat. Morning.........
 

cold96snake

20+ Year Stangneter
Jan 26, 2004
817
1
39
Truly, out to sea
Apr 28, 2005
#6,803
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,803
Ho-hum, wind and rain...

Like to get out to haul again one of these days.

Dan, I've had a CEL for that auxilliary emissions evap. control thing for a while. And that thing has vac. hoses. Think it's likely that there's a correlation?
 

DoubleONegative

Active Member
Jun 30, 2003
1,528
2
39
Tioga Cty PA
Apr 28, 2005
#6,804
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,804
Travis the plan is to go to Epping tomorrow night.!! anyone else wanna go??
 

rustang04

Banned
May 4, 2004
239
0
0
Apr 28, 2005
#6,805
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,805
yeah i'll go for sure
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Apr 28, 2005
#6,806
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,806
cold96snake said:
Ho-hum, wind and rain...

Like to get out to haul again one of these days.

Dan, I've had a CEL for that auxilliary emissions evap. control thing for a while. And that thing has vac. hoses. Think it's likely that there's a correlation?
Click to expand...
It's possible.......Erratic idle usually indicates a leak in the inlet before the throttle body. Any vacuum leak can raise hell though. One way to check is the spray a small amount of carb cleaner around the area you think is leaking. If the idle changes, i.e. it should raise a few hundred RPM, then thats the problem area. It can be a bit messy, but it helps trouble shoot a bit faster.
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Apr 28, 2005
#6,807
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,807
rustang04 said:
yeah i'll go for sure
Click to expand...
My email is bulldoze94@aol.com . Shoot me an email tonight or tomorrow sometime, and we will coordinate what time we will meet and such.


~Dan
 

rustang04

Banned
May 4, 2004
239
0
0
Apr 28, 2005
#6,808
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,808
sounds good
 

cold96snake

20+ Year Stangneter
Jan 26, 2004
817
1
39
Truly, out to sea
Apr 28, 2005
#6,809
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,809
Dan_Soprano said:
It's possible.......Erratic idle usually indicates a leak in the inlet before the throttle body. Any vacuum leak can raise hell though. One way to check is the spray a small amount of carb cleaner around the area you think is leaking. If the idle changes, i.e. it should raise a few hundred RPM, then thats the problem area. It can be a bit messy, but it helps trouble shoot a bit faster.
Click to expand...
I didn't get that far. I thought I'd check the tourque on the intake plenum beforwe going around w/ a hose to listen for leaks. SNAP! Snapped off the first bolt. FN torque wrench must've been rusted on the inside cause it never clicked. Damn salt water. Then, backing whats left of the bolt out w/ an E Z out, and F-ed up the tool that holds the extractor.

I swear, once I get it running again, I ain't touching jack on it unless someone who knows what they're doing is there.

Somebody me cause I could **** up a molesters funeral.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Apr 28, 2005
#6,810
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,810
whitehorseupnorth said:
Oh, Mike Shaw, the stang loves 15 psi of boost.....hehe..... Hope you can spin that thing up to 20+psi cause your gonna need it..

According to my calculations that would be 606RWHP and 652RWTQ... Got to love turbo's...
Click to expand...
It gets me excited when you talk like that .
15psi should double your naturally aspirated power levels. SHOULD.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Apr 28, 2005
#6,811
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,811
Damn that sucks Larry. cheap azz bolts suck.

The seas have been damn rough the last couple of days. I wouldn't want to be out there. Saw some real nice big waves today. When I change routes I'm gonna miss being able to look at the ocean during the day. My new route is going to be farther inland.
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Apr 28, 2005
#6,812
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,812
cold96snake said:
I didn't get that far. I thought I'd check the tourque on the intake plenum beforwe going around w/ a hose to listen for leaks. SNAP! Snapped off the first bolt. FN torque wrench must've been rusted on the inside cause it never clicked. Damn salt water. Then, backing whats left of the bolt out w/ an E Z out, and F-ed up the tool that holds the extractor.

I swear, once I get it running again, I ain't touching jack on it unless someone who knows what they're doing is there.

Somebody me cause I could **** up a molesters funeral.
Click to expand...
ouch! That sucks bro!
 

BadVoodoo

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2002
1,552
1
39
Belgrade
Apr 28, 2005
#6,813
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,813
Striped5.0 said:
Ouch that was low, why dont you just kick him in the nuts and get it over w/ you panty sniffer.
Click to expand...

Sure
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Apr 28, 2005
#6,814
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,814
I wish it was already Friday
 

BadVoodoo

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2002
1,552
1
39
Belgrade
Apr 28, 2005
#6,815
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,815
whitehorseupnorth said:
I'am not really bitching, or maybe I'am. Whats with all your guys long ass sigs. Who cares what your car made for power 3 years ago. Blah, Blah, Blah..... Bustin Balls Baby....
Click to expand...



whitehorseupnorth said:
Oh, Mike Shaw, the stang loves 15 psi of boost.....hehe..... Hope you can spin that thing up to 20+psi cause your gonna need it..

According to my calculations that would be 606RWHP and 652RWTQ... Got to love turbo's...
Click to expand...


Sounds like you are running all that boost to keep up with me for nothing. I am actually only going to be at 15#'s, KB's boost figures on the pulleys for the 2.4 are "off". The question is not if I can spin that thing to 20#'s, but when? The 2.4 is capable of 30#'s
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Apr 28, 2005
#6,816
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,816
DoubleONegative said:
Travis the plan is to go to Epping tomorrow night.!! anyone else wanna go??
Click to expand...


What time are you going and where do you want to meet up? I can meet you at the Kennebunk rest stop if you want, just let me know what time. Chris and I are finishing up my car tomorrow but should be done way in advance of when we go to the track.
 

DoubleONegative

Active Member
Jun 30, 2003
1,528
2
39
Tioga Cty PA
Apr 28, 2005
#6,817
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,817
Striped5.0 said:
What time are you going and where do you want to meet up? I can meet you at the Kennebunk rest stop if you want, just let me know what time. Chris and I are finishing up my car tomorrow but should be done way in advance of when we go to the track.
Click to expand...

How about 5 at the kennebunk rest stop? Is Chris gonna go too??? what about you Shaw? Larry? Brian? New guy?

Dan i assume you have duty tomorrow night
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Apr 28, 2005
#6,818
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,818
DoubleONegative said:
How about 5 at the kennebunk rest stop? Is Chris gonna go too??? what about you Shaw? Larry? Brian? New guy?

Dan i assume you have duty tomorrow night
Click to expand...


As far as chris Im pretty sure he has to work he goes in at 5 so we'll be all done long before then, only about 1/2 hr more of stuff left to do then its all set. I'll be at at the rest top at 5:00.

Need me to send you a pic? Car wont look anything like last yr
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Apr 28, 2005
#6,819
  • Apr 28, 2005
  • #6,819
DoubleONegative said:
How about 5 at the kennebunk rest stop? Is Chris gonna go too??? what about you Shaw? Larry? Brian? New guy?

Dan i assume you have duty tomorrow night
Click to expand...
yes sir I do
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Apr 29, 2005
#6,820
  • Apr 29, 2005
  • #6,820
Mike I got your PM, sounds good. I'll be around so shouldnet be any prob meeting up by 5:00 or whenever you are ready. Weather looks good for today, looks like we get to see some racing tonight
 
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 339
  • 340
  • 341
  • 342
  • 343
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 341 of 1056 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Too much for me to repair in my current housing situation
  • My Drama Magnet 04 Gt
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
8
Views
373
The Welcome Wagon Apr 14, 2026
Noobz347
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
142
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
WTB 89 Hatchback interior trim - any color
  • Zero_chance
  • Jun 14, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
2
Views
140
Want to Buy Jun 14, 2026
Noobz347
P
rear Impact absorbers.
  • Praetorious
  • May 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
189
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2026
Praetorious
P
K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
448
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?