• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Stalling problem?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scupking
  • Start date Start date Jan 2, 2007

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Jan 2, 2007
#1
  • Jan 2, 2007
  • #1
At first I thought my IAC was causing the problem so I cleaned it out but I'm still having a stalling problem when trying to start my car. The funny thing is this only happens on damp days. I think that rules out my IAC. Now I'm thinking it might be my spark plug wires or spark plugs. I have 45,000 on the original wires and plugs. What plugs and what wires should I get or do you guys think the problem could be something else?
 

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Jan 2, 2007
#2
  • Jan 2, 2007
  • #2
bump
 
M

MBDiagMan

Member
Sep 22, 2006
171
2
19
Lamar County, Texas
Jan 4, 2007
#3
  • Jan 4, 2007
  • #3
The fact that it happens only on damp days would normally indicate an ignition problem. In the days of distributors, ignition being the problem would be a virtual certainty.

Assuming this is on your 2001 Mod motor, however, it's hard to imagine damp air causing ignition problems. I would check all the COP's, however, and make sure that they and their respective spark plug wells are all dry.

After doing that, if you find dry COP's and spark plug wells, start looking for a vacuum leak. Do not overlook an EGR problem since this will often act as a vacuum leak if the EGR control components like the DFE are not working correctly.

Good luck.
 

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Jan 4, 2007
#4
  • Jan 4, 2007
  • #4
MBDiagMan said:
The fact that it happens only on damp days would normally indicate an ignition problem. In the days of distributors, ignition being the problem would be a virtual certainty.

Assuming this is on your 2001 Mod motor, however, it's hard to imagine damp air causing ignition problems. I would check all the COP's, however, and make sure that they and their respective spark plug wells are all dry.

After doing that, if you find dry COP's and spark plug wells, start looking for a vacuum leak. Do not overlook an EGR problem since this will often act as a vacuum leak if the EGR control components like the DFE are not working correctly.

Good luck.
Click to expand...

Yeah I will have to check those things out. It hasn't been damp out since monday so my car has been starting without a problem. I wan't to figure out what is causeing it. When its damp out and doing the stalling thing I have to rev it too over 3k, after I do that she runs without a problem.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

I
98 Mustang GT dying
  • ItsMason
  • May 14, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
193
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 25, 2026
lenzgt
L
For Sale Fox BRAND NEW Motorcraft spark plugs, wires and hood prop rod clips
  • Ricomondo
  • Sep 6, 2026
  • Engine and Power Adder
Replies
0
Views
174
Engine and Power Adder Sep 6, 2026
Ricomondo
Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
168
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
M
Idle control problems
  • miser143
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
145
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 29, 2026
DadLife0724
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
446
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?