Stalling problem?

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
At first I thought my IAC was causing the problem so I cleaned it out but I'm still having a stalling problem when trying to start my car. The funny thing is this only happens on damp days. I think that rules out my IAC. Now I'm thinking it might be my spark plug wires or spark plugs. I have 45,000 on the original wires and plugs. What plugs and what wires should I get or do you guys think the problem could be something else?

• Sponsors (?)

The fact that it happens only on damp days would normally indicate an ignition problem. In the days of distributors, ignition being the problem would be a virtual certainty.

Assuming this is on your 2001 Mod motor, however, it's hard to imagine damp air causing ignition problems. I would check all the COP's, however, and make sure that they and their respective spark plug wells are all dry.

After doing that, if you find dry COP's and spark plug wells, start looking for a vacuum leak. Do not overlook an EGR problem since this will often act as a vacuum leak if the EGR control components like the DFE are not working correctly.

Good luck.

The fact that it happens only on damp days would normally indicate an ignition problem. In the days of distributors, ignition being the problem would be a virtual certainty.

Assuming this is on your 2001 Mod motor, however, it's hard to imagine damp air causing ignition problems. I would check all the COP's, however, and make sure that they and their respective spark plug wells are all dry.

After doing that, if you find dry COP's and spark plug wells, start looking for a vacuum leak. Do not overlook an EGR problem since this will often act as a vacuum leak if the EGR control components like the DFE are not working correctly.

Good luck.

Yeah I will have to check those things out. It hasn't been damp out since monday so my car has been starting without a problem. I wan't to figure out what is causeing it. When its damp out and doing the stalling thing I have to rev it too over 3k, after I do that she runs without a problem.