Starter doesnt "line up"

My starter is grinding after did a motor and clutch swap. I tried two other starters and they did the same thing. The top starter bolt was completely stripped so i used a bolt/nut it. But now it grinds. Im pretty sure its centered but if it isnt how do i fix/adjust it so it is?

• Sponsors (?)

This plate behind the flywheel. It's installed??

This is what lines up the starter

assembly.jpg

it could have something to do with it. If you try to bolt the starter without it the is a little bit of play and you could have problems liming it all up.

Posted via Mobile Device

umm

But i even put washer before the bolts to shim it...the only part snapped off is between the bolt holes....so i need to drop the tranny and get a new inspection plate? Maybe wiring issues because the inside toward the flywheel is lined up as well as the bolt holes....im not understanding whats going on....

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..... I CHANGED STARTER AND NOW IT DOES NOT WORK KINDA SUCKS CAUSE I CANT SHUT MY CAR OFF WHEN I TAKE IT SOME WHERE MINE DOES NOT HAVE THE PLATE OU ARE SHOWING IN THE PIC BUT I HAS A SIMILAR SMALLER PLATE . ANY IDEAS

Need help with 4 cyl to 5.0 fox swap

I swapped a 4 cylinder to a 5.0. I eliminated power steering and ac completly. Not even running eliminator pullies. I need an idea on how to run the belt because of the reverse rotation water pump. Can someone please help me out?