Starting Problems with my 88 Stang!! HELP!!!!

Iam having a starting problem with my mustang. I drove my car to a local transmisson shop to have a TV cable hooked up, cuz i didnt have time to get it done. Well i get to the shop to get the car home and it wouldnt start! So we tired getting it to start and nothing.... So i go get a good friend of mine that owns a shop behinde the one where i took my car..... We tired spraying starting spay into the intake and all it did was smoke and sounded like it was gonna start. Well after all and all he tells me its my fuel pump. Iam like oo ok that's an easy fix. So i tow my car home and set it in the drive way. Next day get a fuel pump for the local auto store. I drop the tank and man let me tell you, that fuel pump was like all rust!!!! i mean u couldnt even tell it was a fuel pump. Then i get a lookin in the fuel tank and it was just as bad. Sooo i call a friend up and asked him if he had a new tank layin around. He was like yeah i bought one and it wasnt the one i wanted and i lost the recipeit and got another one, so he gave me a new tank for FREE!!!So i get it and put the fuel pump in and everything else... Put the tank back up and put some gas in the new tank. Got in the car to make sure i heard the fuel pump motor start, and it did so i went to crank it and it didnt start!!! So iam like wtf?!?!?! It was doing the same crap as be4 at the shop just woundlt start to save my life. So i check to make sure i got spark, and i do. Next i made sure there was fuel coming out of the fuel lines when u go to start the car, and there is. So iam gettting gas and sprak. Then iam stuck stracting my head! Si i take the cap off the distributor and took some sand paper and sanding all the corsion off the things inside of it. Still wouldnt start. Then i made sure the rotor was spinning and it is. So now i have no clue wat else to check or do. So can someone please help me!!!! It will be greatly Appreciated!!!

-Josh

• Sponsors (?)