Starts then dies

Josh_J

Jul 17, 2019
Wisconsin
My 1994 cobra recently had been dieing after starting if it warms up. If I rev it up around 3500k it will go back down and stutter out and stall. If the engine is warmed up, it will start out right after I start it up. If I feather the gas, it stays alive. I don't know where to start or figure out what is going on

• Sponsors (?)

I cleaned it out nice with mass air sensor, it seemed to work nice. I took it for a sort drive to warm up the car, once I got home it seemed to come back. I tired to start it up and test it and it once again was back to just starting and dieing

I cleaned it out nice with mass air sensor, it seemed to work nice. I took it for a sort drive to warm up the car, once I got home it seemed to come back. I tired to start it up and test it and it once again was back to just starting and dieing
Try to start it with unplugged. I might be wrong but I seem to remember being told that's a way to test it.

It's most likely sticking open or closed. Since cleaning it temporarilyfixed I'd either try to clean it again or replace the iac.

Hi guys, maybe somebody can help me. I have exactly the same problem. 86 Fox without MAF runs great when cold. When the engine is heated up and I start again it dies. I already checked the IAC and cleaned it, but still the same problem. I can keep it alive when feathering the gas, but that is not how it should work. Couldn't find additional ideas, so maybe you can help me. Thanks.

Checked the TPS, receives 0.95 volt. Should be good. Problem still there. When I restart with warm engine it starts goes up and down and Finally dies. After 5min drive everything works again and it’s stable. Any other ideas?

I do not know your answer, but starting and stalling in the morning sounds like a familiar personal problem.

Is there a base idle setting procedure on the modular engines like on the
EEC IV 5.0???