Steeda Tri-AX Shifter

BlackGT02

Nov 29, 2004
I have a steeda tri-axle shifter on my 02GT, I've had the TSB done so I don't think it's related to that but my shifter is VERY tight. And when you move it side to side it feels notchy , like when I move it past 1-3-5 it like hits the "block" between gears.. I dunno. It is cold out but it does it when the tranny warms up too, my friend mention that it was tight compared to his 98 (I know diffrent tranny). I dunno it's got me worried... Any thoughts? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

BlackGT02 said:
I have a steeda tri-axle shifter on my 02GT, I've had the TSB done so I don't think it's related to that but my shifter is VERY tight. And when you move it side to side it feels notchy , like when I move it past 1-3-5 it like hits the "block" between gears.. I dunno. It is cold out but it does it when the tranny warms up too, my friend mention that it was tight compared to his 98 (I know diffrent tranny). I dunno it's got me worried... Any thoughts? :shrug:

i think there is springs on each of the handle i think, not sure but the spring might just be really stiff cause my friends b&m shifter is like that

there are def. spring but it's not like a smoth stiffnes like a spring would be it's like choppy you can feel it hit something when you move it side to side and it's a PITA to get into gear some times. I might have em look at it when I get my 4.10s put in at mustang magic. Till then just a PITA causes it a daily driver and my only car :bang: