Steeda Tri-ax Short Shifter

• Sponsors (?)

Does this help with the 3rd gear "lock out" some people have been experiencing.

I dunno if it is Mach I specific or not, but I am sure you all have heard it before. I wind out to about redline (just under 6800 RPM) in second gear and absolutely can not get into 3rd. It is not a miss-shift, it just feels like a rubberband is keeping me from getting into the gear.

Anyway, does the Tri-Ax help?

340.29m/s said:
Does this help with the 3rd gear "lock out" some people have been experiencing.

I dunno if it is Mach I specific or not, but I am sure you all have heard it before. I wind out to about redline (just under 6800 RPM) in second gear and absolutely can not get into 3rd. It is not a miss-shift, it just feels like a rubberband is keeping me from getting into the gear.

Anyway, does the Tri-Ax help?

yea it helps a lil but its still pretty tough at redline to get it to go to 3rd "for me it is". Greekstang def. get it. very very easy to install too. :nice:

It is definately worth the $160, and the install is a breeze. If you still miss 3rd, you shouldn't be allowed to own a Mustang! There is a little "notchy" feel with it, but there are no cons at all. I really like that you can position it two ways. I have it on the lower position and I love the way it sits lower than the CD player, and the way it is always centered between third and fourth. A must buy!!