Progress Thread Still in need of nitrous help!!

Hello all... I have posted several times about my different brief successes and many problems... basically just can’t get a shot bigger than about a “60” shot to run smooth. I’m going to try to post 2 videos showing the smaller shot and the 52n/28f combo that sputtered like it was rich....
306ci stock block / stock crank, AFR 165’s, RPM2 intake, Ed Curtis cam, pro m maf, long tubes... etc... has plenty of spark (crane hi-6) and fuel 190 lph in tank.... system is set up right, wiring tested and retested. WOT Micro switch, Window switch (3000-6000)... I’ve been using an eBay sourced used “the nitrous works” throttle body plate that I’m starting to suspect is not flowing correctly.... can’t post video but if I do go to a single fogger nozzle should I locate it as in 2nd pic or in tube a few inches before T Body (I always hear to place there for “proper atomization”) any truth to that? The look much is cleaner

Attachments

• D33FF502-D057-4C41-AAD6-550CEDB969D9.jpeg
    D33FF502-D057-4C41-AAD6-550CEDB969D9.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 1329C077-E319-4C96-AF43-D91516C6EA14.jpeg
    1329C077-E319-4C96-AF43-D91516C6EA14.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Sponsors (?)

A dry nitrous kit will probably work better with the type of intake these Mustangs have. The intake isn't designed to handle fuel and you may be experiencing pooling and/or fuel distribution issues.

A dry nitrous kit will probably work better with the type of intake these Mustangs have. The intake isn't designed to handle fuel and you may be experiencing pooling and/or fuel distribution issues.
Yes but isn’t a dry shot with stock ecu etc a more dangerous proposition?
I’m no expert but is a dry shot reliable/safe as it’s putting pressure on the regulator and maxing out fuel right?
My brother has Holley efi (dominator I think) on his 85 z28 and he uses dry shot but fuel enrichment is controlled by the EFI…,I just don’t think I trust that the fuel will be there unless I get “EFI” or a “well planned dry system”... when I purchased the parts tears ago I was told “wet” was the way to go.... although I get the mixture is surely changed by going around those bends.. I’ve never messed with it much but was told to stay under 150 and I plan to work from 80 up to 125... so far the 125 jets seem rich in the plate anyway...
Thanks

Bottom line, those plates suck. Cylinder distribution is terrible with some cylinders getting huge doses of fuel and others getting nitrous and little fuel. Get a plate that goes between the upper and lower and spray 150 after you put a power adder fuel pump in, like a GSS340 from Walbro. That 190 barely will support your engine combo. Probably drops pressure when the solenoid opens up.

Yes but isn’t a dry shot with stock ecu etc a more dangerous proposition?
I’m no expert but is a dry shot reliable/safe as it’s putting pressure on the regulator and maxing out fuel right?
My brother has Holley efi (dominator I think) on his 85 z28 and he uses dry shot but fuel enrichment is controlled by the EFI…,I just don’t think I trust that the fuel will be there unless I get “EFI” or a “well planned dry system”... when I purchased the parts tears ago I was told “wet” was the way to go.... although I get the mixture is surely changed by going around those bends.. I’ve never messed with it much but was told to stay under 150 and I plan to work from 80 up to 125... so far the 125 jets seem rich in the plate anyway...
Thanks
NOS has/had a dry kit specifically built for the Fox 5.0L. It is one of the safest kits on the market when installed correctly.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys!
Sorry I’ve been away a couple weeks... I’m going to look into the Nos dry kit again.. doesn’t it just put nitrous pressure on the fuel pressure regulator’s diagram which maxes out the injectors thereby giving the same amount of fuel regardless of jet size in nozzle?
that’s my understanding of it anyway, I don’t see how they could vary the fuel.... I agree dry is better, especially with long runner intake if you could control fuel accurately like with the Holley Dominator or fuel tech... but I don’t NEED aftermarket efi... yet... hopefully I will