Strange heat?!

89projectstang

Dec 14, 2005
Ive noticed that since I swapped my car from an AOD to a T-5 when im driving sometimes the car gets REALLY REALLY hot. It gets so hot my ashtray cover burns to the touch. It never did this before, but now its doing it. Ive noticed also that my exhaust is hanging lower than it used to...are the two related or is it something else?

thanks

matt

• Sponsors (?)

You did put the inner shift boot in didn't you? Not the one that makes the shifter look pretty, but the one that covers the hole where the shifter comes up through the floor. Without it, all sorts of heat will make its way into the passenger area.

dumb question i know but how is the level of the tranny fluid???? when i bought my car and did a tranny swap. mine was the same way but i found the tranny to be low (1qt) causeing the tranny to run hot after i added problem solved.

heh, thanks!

ok, i dont remember putting in the inner shaft boot.....i think i didnt get that when i got all my parts...looks like i need to head back to the junkyard...is there anyway to put it in without removing the transmission?

and im going to check my tranny fluid levels later today, thanks for that tip.

thanks,

matt

You won't have to remove the trans, but you will have to play around with the console. I got mine in without having to take the console out, but it barely went in and I almost broke a couple of things. If you get one out of the junkyard, you can either use the bolts that you took off to get it (use the junkyard car to see how difficult it is to get the thing in and out of the console.) or you can use a good self tapping sheet metal screw. The self-tappers are easier ;)