Stuck at work, need help to determine problem with mustang

cardude

Founding Member
Apr 20, 2000
Portland, OR
okay since the weather has been nice i have bee ndriving my mustang to work. well today I get out to leave for lunch, turn the key over and nothing. I did the basics pulled the battery cables off cleaned and re-installed, checked the lights and guages they are bright so i have juice, checked all the connections to the starter relay and they are tight and down to the starter.

so when I turn the key I get all the guages responding but no starter click or anything, and again I have bright lights. could it be the starter just went poof? seems that is the only thing aboutthe engine that is old that I know of but it worked just fine for the past week, no signs of problems.

second part to the question is if this is a general agreement, what is a good aftermarket starter for 289 3spd maunal. I hear there are the smaller light weight starters that would bolt up with no mods, anyone have a summit link to this or a part number I could look up?

thanks for the input.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah I have a manual 3 spd and i have checked the neutral switch bypass to make sure it did not come loose. I have the wife bringing me a screw driver and a hammer to tap the starter. hopefully something will work. :bang: