• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Stupid ABS Problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter bomon17
  • Start date Start date Apr 30, 2008
B

bomon17

New Member
Jun 30, 2005
9
0
0
Apr 30, 2008
#1
  • Apr 30, 2008
  • #1
Well...my ABS pulsing is finally driving me crazy. The car had a new ABS module installed and new wheel sensor and 80% of the time when I push the brakes to stop, it pulsates. This was the problem it had before I sunk 1000 bucks into it and guess what...it still does it. My local mechanic's computer reads that the right front wheel is traveling 10 MPH faster than the left front. I know that is the cause...but they couldn't correct it even with the new module and sensor. They sent it to a ford dealer who stated.....their computer saw no issues with any readings. They then sent it to another ford dealer and got the same response. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I am at the point of pulling the ABS fuse (which will take off traction control too right?) because I am sick of the non-stop pulsing. It happens at all speeds. I don't think my rim is bent. PLEASE HELP STANGNET FOLKS!
 
B

bdcardinal

tree hugger
Jun 10, 2003
3,612
16
69
santa barbara, CA
Apr 30, 2008
#2
  • Apr 30, 2008
  • #2
did you check to see if the rotors are warped? btw id trust an IDS or PDS over any aftermarket scan tool
 
B

bomon17

New Member
Jun 30, 2005
9
0
0
May 4, 2008
#3
  • May 4, 2008
  • #3
Well, I pulled fuse #29 and disabled the ABS along with my traction control. I have to admit it is nice not hearing/feeling pulsating brakes everytime I stop. Any other ideas? Could a bad rim cause this?
 

BCB00GT

Founding Member
Mar 5, 2002
420
0
17
May 5, 2008
#4
  • May 5, 2008
  • #4
Have anything metal caught bwteen 2 of the teeth on the hub assembly?
 
S

snowb07

New Member
Jul 22, 2003
235
0
0
soon to be CT
May 5, 2008
#5
  • May 5, 2008
  • #5
or metal shavings on the magnet?
 
B

bomon17

New Member
Jun 30, 2005
9
0
0
May 5, 2008
#6
  • May 5, 2008
  • #6
I'll Check....its just that it has had this problem forever...even when they had just replaced the sensors and such it still did it. I am at a loss. It has been a lot nicer driving without the abs on. Wish the money I had sunk into the module had worked. Stupid abs modules are expensive!!!!!!
 

dew22

Banned by Troll
Jan 16, 2003
0
6
19
Tampa
May 2, 2009
#7
  • May 2, 2009
  • #7
Old thread, I know but................I'm having the exact same issue. Did we ever find out anything?

svttech76 ??????
 

dew22

Banned by Troll
Jan 16, 2003
0
6
19
Tampa
May 4, 2009
#8
  • May 4, 2009
  • #8
Nothing?

 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Idle control problems
  • miser143
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
150
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 29, 2026
DadLife0724
O
ABS light on. Can't get codes
  • oldtimeracer
  • Jul 12, 2024
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
12
Views
4K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 28, 2024
Noobz347
D
Mustang not starting
  • Dawry Ramos
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 Specific Tech
Replies
10
Views
252
2015 - 2023 Specific Tech Oct 3, 2026
Dawry Ramos
D
2
2010 GT AC issue
  • 2010torchredgt
  • Jun 28, 2026
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech
Replies
1
Views
163
2010 - 2014 Specific Tech Jun 29, 2026
2010torchredgt
2
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
193
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?