Supposedly new Fox Lake intake spy pics (not P-51)

license2ill

May 7, 2003
I was just browsing around a local Mustang board I occasionaly frequent and I happend upon what was said to be a new Fox Lake prototype intake for us 4.6 guys. Alls I can say is that if it's indeed real, then it really looks fantabulous:nice:

attachment.php

attachment.php

:cool:

IMO, It's a major improvement upon the P-51...

1.jpg

3.jpg

So now the price is the only question!:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

attachment.php

Yeah, oddly that pic looks exactly like the one that KenB posted on Modular Depot.

The P51 is just now hitting the market and they are COMPLETE for $1299. Compare that to the Bullit which is almost that much and has to have an "install kit" that is also expensive.

The "new" intake that is pictured above is going to be the race model. Here is the info that KenB posted about it on Modular Depot:

NOW, here's a special treat for everyone. Here are some spy shots of the new prototype XL-500 intake from Fox Lake. This is a race only piece that will be going on my car. It won't fit under a stock hood and may require some other modifications. It features a larger plenum and a bullitt/cobra style throttle body. Hoping that this is the key to high RPM horsepower.

Its not for a daily driver GT with a K&N and a catback.

Thank's for the info on it Nick! I got the pics off of DFWstangs.net and there was no related info that came along with them. Just by looking at it I kinda figured it was a high-revving piece judging from it's "box style" like proportions.

Where is Edelbrock when we need them?!?!! :mad:

I think the race one would look great in a black "wrinkle" finish with the fins bare.

The regular P51 is ugly no matter how you look at it, but from KenBs data I'm starting to be a believer. I'm going to wait until more of them ship and wait for more of the PurpleMustang intakes to ship and see how they perform.