suspension noise

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure if it's the same noise as yours, but I have been having suspension noises coming from the front end when going over bumps in my 06 GT. It sounds like a loose strut or wheel, but it is neither. The car has spent 7 days at the dealer, but is still not fixed after they replaced the struts and tightened every bolt they could see. They had a Ford field engineer check it out, as well as spoke to engineering in Detroit. Ford says the problem is fairly common in GT models and is related to the valving in the strut. They told me that they will be issuing a TSB within the next 2 months. We'll see.

Not sure if it's the same noise as yours, but I have been having suspension noises coming from the front end when going over bumps in my 06 GT. It sounds like a loose strut or wheel, but it is neither. The car has spent 7 days at the dealer, but is still not fixed after they replaced the struts and tightened every bolt they could see. They had a Ford field engineer check it out, as well as spoke to engineering in Detroit. Ford says the problem is fairly common in GT models and is related to the valving in the strut. They told me that they will be issuing a TSB within the next 2 months. We'll see.

our 06 has the same problem, been in for service twice already and they couldn't find anything wrong, they told me the same thing, it's the valving in the struts, and everything in the front has been checked, and if needed, retorqued to ford specs. but after leaving the dealership both times, the noise is still there. i have learned to live with it, but if the release a TSB for it, i would like to know so i can get ours fixed as well.

9500 miles on my '06 GT and has had the "rattle" in the rear over bumps since day 1. I have checked all the rear suspension bolts/mounts/exhaust and everything is tight. I have even tugged on the mufflers and they hardly move, so it's not them bouncing of the frame. I just deal with if...for now. I'm wondering if anybody out there that has switched the shocks/struts over to aftermarket has had any of these noises remain. If not, I would agree about the strut valving being the culprit.

9500 miles on my '06 GT and has had the "rattle" in the rear over bumps since day 1. I have checked all the rear suspension bolts/mounts/exhaust and everything is tight. I have even tugged on the mufflers and they hardly move, so it's not them bouncing of the frame. I just deal with if...for now. I'm wondering if anybody out there that has switched the shocks/struts over to aftermarket has had any of these noises remain. If not, I would agree about the strut valving being the culprit.

I have that rattle. Going to Ford to have them look. If you lay under the rear and put your hand behind the rear bumper cover and find the bumper brace you will find what feels like plastic that fits into the brace. Mine moves up and down and frot to back. I think that is my rattle

I have that rattle. Going to Ford to have them look. If you lay under the rear and put your hand behind the rear bumper cover and find the bumper brace you will find what feels like plastic that fits into the brace. Mine moves up and down and frot to back. I think that is my rattle

I'll have to check that out on mine...thanks for the possible tip.

Hm, we certainly will. This is the third forum I'm on and there are hundreds if not thousands of us out there waiting to be able to drive our Mustangs proudly rather than with hesitation as we go over the smallest of bumps. I am afraid of what will happen with this because so many have replaced just about everything to no avail, including the struts and strut mounts. I certainly hope you are correct and we get a TSB any time now and all is fixed. Otherwise we should all drive to Detroit and take up all the "executive" parking until it's fixed!!!

Yes, i have switched my shocks to the tokico d-specs with the eibach pro kit lowering springs and i have this same problem. i have driven around just dealing with the noise for almost a year now because when i took the car to ford they said they wouldnt touch it because i had a modified susspension. sucks to be me.

Yes, i have switched my shocks to the tokico d-specs with the eibach pro kit lowering springs and i have this same problem. i have driven around just dealing with the noise for almost a year now because when i took the car to ford they said they wouldnt touch it because i had a modified susspension. sucks to be me.

i would encourage you not to give up! i know it sucks, but the stealerships do everything in their power to avoid having to do ANYTHING rather than rip somebody off or suck on a cancer stick. your problem existed BEFORE you changed the suspension just like all the other people I've read about [www.mustangforums.com, allfordmustangs.com, etc.]. this happens over and over again with dealerships.

it's annoying, but you may want to find somebody on this forum that lives "near" you that has a GOOD dealership [ha!]. or at least better than the one you were going to. me? i'm going to do as much as i can, but i've sued Honda before and won under Indiana lemon law, and i've already looked into Maryland lemon law and know that i could have a pretty good case if i take it to the dealership enough times with no fix. And it doesn't hurt that i know about 4,789 attorneys who would be more than willing to help me! [don't tell anybody].

blah blah blah. just don't give up! oh, and i forgot to say that you don't have to take it to the same dealership where you bought it [unless of course it's the only one].

our 06 has the same problem, been in for service twice already and they couldn't find anything wrong, they told me the same thing, it's the valving in the struts, and everything in the front has been checked, and if needed, retorqued to ford specs. but after leaving the dealership both times, the noise is still there. i have learned to live with it, but if the release a TSB for it, i would like to know so i can get ours fixed as well.

Hm, I wonder what 'valving in the struts' is and why people still have it that have aftermarket struts!?

Hm, we certainly will. This is the third forum I'm on and there wheel ware hundreds if not thousands of us out there waiting to be able to drive our Mustangs proudly rather than with hesitation as we go over the smallest of bumps. I am afraid of what will happen with this because so many have replaced just about everything to no avail, including the struts and strut mounts. I certainly hope you are correct and we get a TSB any time now and all is fixed. Otherwise we should all drive to Detroit and take up all the "executive" parking until it's fixed!!!
Found a fault with the center nut on the top of the strut , seems like there may have been some type of isolator grommet that deteriated. I will remove the nut and add a spacer under it.
To find this problem I put car on jack stands , with front wheel off compress strut a little with floor jack, then release it quickly. If it makes a thud noise repeat while watching the center nut . You can also feel it move with your finger. The nut bottoms out on the strut rod so you can't just tighten it up.