SVE hood struts cause hood to not align.

I installed a set of SVE hood struts today and install was easy, but when I closed my hood, I had a huge gap at the rear of the hood and it was raised about 1/2 inch. My hood is factory. Has anyone else had this issue? I really would like to get them to work.

• Sponsors (?)

I installed a set of SVE hood struts today and install was easy, but when I closed my hood, I had a huge gap at the rear of the hood and it was raised about 1/2 inch. My hood is factory. Has anyone else had this issue? I really would like to get them to work.
If you have the hood strut system that uses the hinge mounting point as a location for the front of the strut, all I gotta say is good luck. I had a set of those things, and they lasted about 15 minutes on my car. They pushed the hood so far up in back, and put so much pressure on the closed hood , they pushed it forward as well.
You're gonna have to spend quite a bit of time adjusting those things to get them close to lining up...

personally I'd get rid of them. They used those items when somebody coined the phrase " weak sauce"