Progress Thread Switch to carb?

Shady419

Feb 28, 2024
San diego
Hey whats up, i hope someone can help me. I got a 2003 lincoln town car that doesnt turn on. I mean it cranks up but doesnt turn on. I checked my fuel rail to see if its sending wich it is. It must be something electrical. Iduno! Im tired of trying, so i just wanted to go old skoo fashion to get it started but first i just need to know what to buy and from where... Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

You're trying to open a larger can of whoop-ass than you know.

Do you have an OBD2 code reader? This is what you need to get started.

How long has this car been sitting?

Reactions: 1 user
You're trying to open a larger can of whoop-ass than you know.

Do you have an OBD2 code reader? This is what you need to get started.

How long has this car been sitting?
Alright! This fuken site r0ks! 0K s0 my linc0ln been sittin since like s0me time right after c0vid happen. As t0 me having way 2 much spare time in my hands. I remmember i unb0lted my st0ck exhaust manif0lds al0ng with the cat because i was under the impression that they were getting t00 h0t because i thought they were all cloged up. S0 i b0ught new aftermarket hi fl0w type 0f thing, anyh0w, i f0rg0t t0 unb0lt my battery terminals. S0 the 02 sens0r hit something 0n its way 0ut. Cuz i heard a spark. After that day i havent been able t0 fix whatever electrical issues it must have. Neither c0uld my electriti0n. Plus i use it f0r h0ppin. S0 2 me under d h00d d0nt matter. As l0ng as it can drive itself t0 the h0pps every weekend. Hey man thanks 4 ur reply and ur 0ppini0n

A can of Ether from Autozone and see if it fires on that
You checked your fuel rail to see if it is sending? fuel (which it is) is not sufficient
You need to check the actual fuel pressure
Buy a scan tool (cheap code readers with PIDS capability are only about 40 bucks online)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey gm0rning br0, s0 as 0f n0w
im getting nice and full cranks with my igniti0n. 0Nly pr0blem is,... .
I aint getting n0 sparks. N0thing is catching 0r even tryin catch.Weather if i use gas 0r starter fluids. I need t0 figure 0ut h0w t0 get spark with what i g0t. 0R i can try t0 slap a carberat0r and a manif0ld and pray that it will fit and w0rk pr0perly..? H0wever; i did just aquire a lilack up t0wn car. That maybe i can use and put 2 plus 2 together. I have a questin, is a 1966 f0rd small block v8 289 the same as a more modern1999 f0rd 4.6 litre v8?

I have the sneaking suspicion that the "pop" you heard might have been the final words of the ECU.

Do you have that OBD2 code reader yet?
Ya my neib0r d0es. Im getting a parts car. Dude wants 600 f0r his t0wncar.
Right, you need to figure how to get spark out of what you got
Switching to what exactly as far as a distributor or carb for a 03 Lincoln?
You just need a new (to you) older car if you want that

Right, you need to figure how to get spark out of what you got
Switching to what exactly as far as a distributor or carb for a 03 Lincoln?
You just need a new (to you) older car if you want that
y0u hit it right on. T0 me this is something else than a perf0rmance vehicle

17092239923721597231657012332832.jpg