• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

T5 problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter venom81
  • Start date Start date Dec 9, 2018
V

venom81

New Member
Nov 2, 2014
1
0
1
Dec 9, 2018
#1
  • Dec 9, 2018
  • #1
  • have 1988 mustang GT just bought a new remanufactured Transmision on advance Auto parts last week and got my car this past Monday went for a test drive everything went well on the highway but when I took the exit I was going 35 to 45 miles per hour and both my rear wheels stuck so I put in neutral and check under the car nothing broken so I put it in 1st gear and I hear a squikin sound inside the transmission and it's kind of stuck but going so I put in reverse and the 1st gear again and worked normal so I kept going but now on 3 gear my rear wheels get stuck again but this time I was going up hill so I put it in nuetral but the wheels are still stuck so I stried everything gear and when I release the clutch the car dies it's stuck that till when I put in 5 gear and a clunk came from inside the transmission and everything went back to normal any ideas on what could be wrong
  • V venom81:
    Hi
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/forums/-/create-thread
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
179
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
K
4r70w transmission problems
  • Kiddmustang
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
174
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 21, 2026
squeak93
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
216
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
Engine Code 41 again
  • Creomod
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
603
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 11, 2026
Mcmahst
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
469
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?