Texas Mile, anybody registered or going to watch?

Winters98GT

Whoop...whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop...GANGNAM STYLE!!!
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
H Town
Is anybody heading to the Mile this year? I know of 2 stangs and one ls3 car going from San Antonio. LMR from Houston should be there too. I'll be out there watching this year, if anybody from the Texas area wants to go, let me know, it is real neat. I'll be there Oct. 17th to watch again.

YouTube - 222 mph Ford TT-GT Standing Mile @ Texas Mile

YouTube - Turbostang at the Texas Mile 200mph or Bust!

LG Motorsports - Texas Mile 2008 - TT Z06 210mph - Car Videos on StreetFire

YouTube - Shelby GT 500 Super Snake 186.186MPH Texas Mile

YouTube - Ford GT Texas Mile

• Sponsors (?)

I would definitely be interested in going! I bet Patrick and the boys from PSI will be going. Last year Patrick's GT500 ran a shade under 200mph i believe....

Anyway i should be home that weekend...pm me with some details and maybe we can work something out

I would definitely be interested in going! I bet Patrick and the boys from PSI will be going. Last year Patrick's GT500 ran a shade under 200mph i believe....

Anyway i should be home that weekend...pm me with some details and maybe we can work something out

for sure, ask around and see if anybody you know would want to go. I figure we could meet up and head out around 10am. I can pick up a small bbq grille if we get a group together.

I'd hate for my mustang to put a hurting on that z06 Mark ;)

I haven't been on SN in quite some time--It's difficult to know my work schedule as of right now though might be something worth checking out.

I'd hate for my mustang to put a hurting on that z06 Mark ;)

I haven't been on SN in quite some time--It's difficult to know my work schedule as of right now though might be something worth checking out.

hey Maddox! Good to hear from you! How's the car?

Let's keep this thread going to try and round up as many people as possible.

Laser, it's in Goliad. How far out in the sticks are you? Aren't you by Dallas?

LMR is in Houston

Late Model Racecraft

It's really become a big hit, it draws a much bigger crowd each year. A supra holds the record at around 250mph, if I am not mistaken. You can bet that the fastest cars around will be there, a lot of fast cars have their spots reserved. Registration is now closed. There should be plenty of 200+mph runs this year. It's going to fun to sit back and have a few beers at.

From videos and pictures from ones in the past, it is an oppourtunity to see vehicles perform that you generally only hear about. People come from all over the nation for this event

Well, none ofyou dbags have confirmed with me! The mods still won't lock my account after I pm'd all of them, so I am forced to continue to post to those that I know and are not 14-16yrs. old, or do drive a car.

Let me know if you want to go, it's this week! I'll be going! Heading out at 10am Saturday, weather permitting. Let me know where you want to meet.

mark
[email protected]

Damn Laser! It would be nice to meet up and slam a few while we watch some cars.

Maddox, Deftsound. Are you guys in or out? I'm going, got the tripod/video camera(have no idea how to work it) and a badass Nikon Camera my business partner is letting me borrow.

Also, I'm buying the steaks and beer for any stangnet member that goes!

Update,

Officially, No BBQ pits/grills allowed. However, Peter Pan, and a few other guys that helped get the Mile going, told me they are not strict on the pits. Coolers are officially not allowed, but my car will be packed with beer, and you won't get kicked out for having one. From one of the videos I have posted here, and the word around, a lambo is going to probably set the record on Saturday(excluding drag cars). I've heard 255-260 which is updated. It's 150 miles from Houston, and way less from Atown and SA. Let me know if anybody wants to see the fastest street cars in America. Cars will also be coming from South American/Canada and all over. I'll bump it again if no more replies before Friday

TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT