The End Is Here

But regardless, we aren't gonna agree on this. Your idea of a rebuild coming in at under $1K consists of things that I personally would not be comfortable with even on a strict budget. I'd rather spend more money and do it over the course of a few months than do the build you're talking about. Or I'd just buy a used engine for $600 or less and install that. If you're gonna rebuild it, as far as I'm concerned, do it right, don't cut corners, don't skimp out, don't reuse parts that should be replaced...that is how I feel. It won't be less than $1K doing it my way but I would rather have something I'm comfortable with. What you or others are comfortable with is your thing.

One last thing. I do feel obligated to thank you for posting the info and link on Boss 302 rods being soo cheap. I actually had no idea they costed that little. I was actually prepared to pay about $450 for a set. So thanks man, I appreciate that. You saved me a significant amount of money and that actually swayed me towards doing another aluminum 4.6 build. And to be completely honest, I should have thanked you sooner but I was pissed off. I still disagree with you about the rest of the argument, but being mature about it, the price you showed me does swing the price of a build (a build I would do anyway) much closer to $1K. I'm thinking my build will be around $1300-$1500 now. So thanks again, I appreciate it. Back to the argument now...