The Ls Vs. Coyote Swap Thread

Yes on the creature comforts same as a new coyote done well,

And of course this
image.jpeg
Beautiful brother, looks similar color to my red car.

LOVE that coyote. My blue bastard needs this.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, your mustang is really in the end, your piece of property. If you want to put in a really sweet Briggs and Stratton twin turbo charged lawn mower engine with a handy pull chord run next to your emergency brake, then go for it.

As for me, my grandpa started selling fords in 1916. Model T's were the only sport model at the time (They actually came in other colors than black, btw). He sold Fords until his retirement in 1973. I believe he might have even used a ford when he was a bootlegger back in the twenties and thirties (Moonlighting jobs were a little different back in those days, I guess).

So I have an attachment to ford, my mustangs will have ford engines

Reactions: 5 users
Honestly, your mustang is really in the end, your piece of property. If you want to put in a really sweet Briggs and Stratton twin turbo charged lawn mower engine with a handy pull chord run next to your emergency brake, then go for it.

As for me, my grandpa started selling fords in 1916. Model T's were the only sport model at the time (They actually came in other colors than black, btw). He sold Fords until his retirement in 1973. I believe he might have even used a ford when he was a bootlegger back in the twenties and thirties (Moonlighting jobs were a little different back in those days, I guess).

So I have an attachment to ford, my mustangs will have ford engines

Me too. When i was driving my '70 to highschool, it was younger than my fox is now.. Those old power by ford valve covers gave me a warm and fuzzy.

Reactions: 1 user
Me too. When i was driving my '70 to highschool, it was younger than my fox is now.. Those old power by ford valve covers gave me a warm and fuzzy.
It's crazy getting older, isn't it Allen?

My new car is 33 years old now! If my first car had been that, it would have been a 1945 model! Ah jeez! Guess I'll go have my glass of prune juice and go to bed.:ack:

My Ford history isn't nearly as cool as either of you two. I remember riding around in my parents' '89 Aerostar as a kid. A/C didn't work; somehow managed during many San Antonio summers.

My Ford history isn't nearly as cool as either of you two. I remember riding around in my parents' '89 Aerostar as a kid. A/C didn't work; somehow managed during many San Antonio summers.
Oddly, I really liked Aeorstars. Painted oodles of those over the years, don't see them much anymore.

Oddly, I really liked Aeorstars. Painted oodles of those over the years, don't see them much anymore.
I have many good memories of long road trips with the middle seat removed. Sleeping on the floor, playing Star Trek with my brothers (back when The Next Generation was still making new episodes). I was always Worf.

Interesting fact, the passenger side Aerostar axles are also suitable for 5-lug swaps. I ended up using those when all the driver side Ranger axles were gone at the pull-a-part. Plenty of Aerostars with both axles were still left.

Reactions: 3 users
Child hood memories are a different story. If you're gonna cite those, we all had something similar. My dad was career AF, and the "car" was a 4 door 62 Chevy II that we had to endure pcs, after pcs in. A black Skipperkee with death breath laying between the parents, me and my brother arguin in the back,... The added on under dash AC blowin it's balls off to keep up, and my dad killin us all with 2nd hand smoke from his endless chain smoking, all while we traveled from 6AM (to beat the traffic) to 6PM between duty stations.

Those were the days:rolleyes:

Reactions: 5 users
Me personally, I don't see the point of chevy engines in fords or vice versa.
To me it would be like going to a football game with a cowboys hat and a giants jacket.

I do however like many LS vehicles.
While i'm a ford guy at heart, I certainly would entertain the idea of driving a chevy pickup with a 6.2, a zo6 or cts V.

It's no secret that I don't think the coyote is a great bang for your buck engine, but I do understand the desire to have something that simply runs and runs right, all the time. Doesn't mean I don't like the engine, because I do, I just wouldn't put my money or effort into swapping it. I'd probably just buy an 11 or newer gt.

Although the new gt350 8000rpm engine has peaked my interest, it apparently it shares very little with the regular 5.0 coyote. I bet it would be an awesome swap, but I don't know the price of that engine and i'm sure it's above 12 grand.

So to no one here's surprise, I wouldn't do either...

If I had it to do over, I would have built the new 5.0 for the drag car instead of the 8.2" deck SBF. Yes, the old pushrod engine can be bored and stroked out to around 380 cid while the new 5.0 is limited on displacement, but the new 5.0 could make the same or more power, especially considering how much money is into the drag race engine. Dollar for dollar, I think I would make more power with the new 5.0, and it would weigh less.

Reactions: 4 users
Although the new gt350 8000rpm engine has peaked my interest, it apparently it shares very little with the regular 5.0 coyote. I bet it would be an awesome swap, but I don't know the price of that engine and i'm sure it's above 12 grand.

It would be great if ford pushed that engine into more mainstream production and started dropping it into the f150 and regular GT

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

It would be great if ford pushed that engine into more mainstream production and started dropping it into the f150 and regular GT

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I don't even know if voodoo will be available as a crate engine. You can buy the heads, and the block from frpp, but they refuse to let go of that flat plane crank saying it's exclusive to the GT 350. There is a 5.2 cross plane crate engine out there that makes 570 hp though. Price isn't mentioned yet.

http://www.enginelabs.com/features/...rd-racings-new-5-2-coyote-crate-engine-a52xs/

From what I hear, that voodoo is an amazing track engine, but people I've talked to that have driven them say they are rough on the street. Lots of vibration and buzzing in the car.

Last edited:
Me personally, I don't see the point of chevy engines in fords or vice versa.
To me it would be like going to a football game with a cowboys hat and a giants jacket.

I do however like many LS vehicles.
While i'm a ford guy at heart, I certainly would entertain the idea of driving a chevy pickup with a 6.2, a zo6 or cts V.

It's no secret that I don't think the coyote is a great bang for your buck engine, but I do understand the desire to have something that simply runs and runs right, all the time. Doesn't mean I don't like the engine, because I do, I just wouldn't put my money or effort into swapping it. I'd probably just buy an 11 or newer gt.

So to no one here's surprise, I wouldn't do either...

I know of one locally that just burned at a track day. May be the first salvagable voodoo motor out there.

Joe

Ford gave him a gt350r, while it sounds like they were being generous, I bet all they really wanted was the car back so they could examine what went wrong before they all start burning to the ground.