Think my car already has springs?

Sometimes I just can't tell. I just bought this car last month, and have not really looked at it since. It looked like it rode stock height to me, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like it has a subtle drop. The springs are black and look like stock springs. Or I need struts and shocks. It's only 2002 with 37,600 miles on it. I took pictures, and by the position of the lower arm, I'd say it has springs. Though sometimes it looks higher. The car looks different every time I see it. It's like that Seinfeld episode about the girl Jerry's dating that always looks different....Anyone help me out? Is it lowered, or am I seeing things? What type springs could they be?
View attachment 407089
View attachment 407091
View attachment 407093
View attachment 407095

It looks stock height in the last photo, but my hardstand has a little dip in it. The control arm is not parallel to the ground, and it is on a level spot in that picture. I just can't tell. I can spot an Intrax or Sportline equipped car amile away. This is so subtle it is playing tricks on me!

• Sponsors (?)

Looks lowered to me. The stock 4x4 package Ford puts on these things are easy to spot with that huge wheel gap. Your wheel gap is less pronounced.

Now, as to what springs :shrug: Gonna have to pull a wheel off and see if you can find the tag on the spring.

Try parking it next to a stock spring GT and see if you can tell the difference.

I would say thats not the 4x4 look. Def think you have some springs on there, possible BBK. I know mine are that same color and not a huge drop like most others.

I'm going to guess Eibach Pro-kit's, they have eibach written all over the spring, rub off some of the dirt and see if they're sparkly black.

However in your picture they do look stock, its possible someone cut the stock springs.
Definately not stock height though.

This is stock, honestly higher than a truck.

2000.jpg

Attachments

• 2000.jpg
    2000.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 67