Thot: A Work In Progress

Gunmonkey

Apr 16, 2016
South Florida
I don't post much, but I've done a lot of reading here. This forum has helped me significantly as I steadily build my dream notch, shown below, which I've named "THOT". So, thank you all!

THOT started as a 2-owner 1993 LX 5.0, which I got with 125k original miles. It was pretty much stock and all original except a (real) GT40 intake, aftermarket shifter, and full (obnoxious) exhaust. It was in solid condition and the interior was immaculate...save for a nasty dent on one fender (previous owner) and original color paint (mostly original paint...but repainted in a few places...hard to notice except up close).

Since owning it, had that nasty dent fixed and the area repainted by a buddy who did a really nice job blending it all in; I upgraded to a full Maximum Motorsports suspension with coilover front (basically their entire kit except the torque arm); 4 wheel disc brakes & 5 lugs; BBK headers and H pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, and Flowmaster tips; Trick Flow street burner HCI with dyno tune by Steeda (300 rwhp and 333 rwtq...the new full exhaust and some ignition upgrades were done after the dyno, and my butt dyno says it has more power now because it pulls harder in every gear); Cobra R-spec power steering rack (love it); lightweight wheels by Wedsport (wanted something clean and light, and also which I didn't see on every other Mustang). ETA: also rebuilt the rear end with new axles, 3.55 gears, and aluminum driveshaft.

A supercharger WAS the next item on the list, but right now it feels/sounds so good and it's so much fun to drive that I'm going to hold off on the supercharger for awhile. Also been thinking of maybe just doing a Coyote swap at some point, although I know I'll miss that cool old pushrod sound and feel.

Attachments

• IMG_5641.jpg
    IMG_5641.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

right now it feels/sounds so good and it's so much fun to drive

Just leave it alone. Maybe you could find another project to poke and prod on? Adding boost will likely just make your car less fun in some ways. You're adding more under hood heat, higher IAT's, getting close to block splitting power, and you'll need to baby the car under 5,500 rpms so you don't crack your block or grenade your T5. At least right now with your 300hp/333tq power range you can rev it up and beat on it till your hearts content and your engine & trans will stay together longer which will make your Mustang more enjoyable and off of the dreaded jack stands. If you do decide on boost then keep it below 8psi

Good luck either way, nice car!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just leave it alone. Maybe you could find another project to poke and prod on? Adding boost will likely just make your car less fun in some ways. You're adding more under hood heat, higher IAT's, getting close to block splitting power, and you'll need to baby the car under 5,500 rpms so you don't crack your block or grenade your T5. At least right now with your 300hp/333tq power range you can rev it up and beat on it till your hearts content and your engine & trans will stay together longer which will make your Mustang more enjoyable and off of the dreaded jack stands. If you do decide on boost then keep it below 8psi

Good luck either way, nice car!!

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I have a good thing going and I drive this thing pretty much daily, and taking it to that next level might actually make it less enjoyable overall.

Reactions: 1 user
A real beauty! Welcome to the forum. +1 for enjoying it as is. The way you've built yours is the way foxes were meant to be. Affordable mods that make it a much higher performer than meets the eye and drivable every day. The 300rwhp and light weight mean it could run right with its modern siblings. And when they're that clean, they now stand apart, because it takes love to keep them looking good for that long. Good job, bud. Looking forward to seein you and your car around.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users