• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Throttle Body

  • Thread starter Thread starter arcwcb
  • Start date Start date Jul 12, 2010

arcwcb

Member
Oct 26, 2009
417
2
19
Pennsylvania
Jul 12, 2010
#1
  • Jul 12, 2010
  • #1
What size is the factory throttle body for an 06 GT? And will the OEM GT500 TB bolt to a GT without problems (a new tune is a given)?
 

Casey4s

New Member
Sep 1, 2007
147
0
0
Woodbridge, VA
Jul 12, 2010
#2
  • Jul 12, 2010
  • #2
arcwcb said:
What size is the factory throttle body for an 06 GT? And will the OEM GT500 TB bolt to a GT without problems (a new tune is a given)?
Click to expand...

I just did this very thing to my 05 GT. It is also known as the "MSVT" tb. if you are referring to the twin bore 60mm tb.

They are on sale at CJ Pony parts for $129 shipped.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.asp?pn=TB100

There are two possible fitment problems.

(1) The four mounting holes are about 1/8" further outboard, so I just usead a rat tail (round) file and 20-30 minutes later the problem was solved.






(2) The mouth of the MSVT is 5" dia and your stock one is about 4.5", some CAI intake tubes may have a proble stretching. My JLT squeezed on no problem, but the reinforced connector like on my earlier K&N would not even get close and I had to improvise for a while.



You can see the 4.5" K&N coupling loosly fits inside the throat, so I had to make one from a silicne coupling I had lying around.







EDIT:

I know a lot of people have used an adapter of some kind to avoid fileing the four holes. But that adds 1/2" and can cause alignment issues with other stuff depending on your set up. The 60mm butterflies clear like a charm, no issues there at all so I prefer not to use the 1/2" spacer.


EDIT2:

The throttle body motor is a bit larger and caused a minor issue for my SHAKER where is fits over the TB. I had to do a few adjustments there too, just for any one else with the CDC Shaker.
 

arcwcb

Member
Oct 26, 2009
417
2
19
Pennsylvania
Jul 12, 2010
#3
  • Jul 12, 2010
  • #3
Any noticeable increase in power or performance? I saw it was on sale at CJ's, that's what made me make this post and consider picking one up lol.
 

SpartaPerformance

10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
2,517
61
89
Long Island NY
Jul 12, 2010
#4
  • Jul 12, 2010
  • #4
I have the GT-500 TB with spacer on my car and it works great! I haven't tuned for it yet just kicked the timing down 2 degrees from the handheld and I still felt an increase in power.
 

Casey4s

New Member
Sep 1, 2007
147
0
0
Woodbridge, VA
Jul 13, 2010
#5
  • Jul 13, 2010
  • #5
arcwcb said:
Any noticeable increase in power or performance? I saw it was on sale at CJ's, that's what made me make this post and consider picking one up lol.
Click to expand...

I did cams, larger CAI and deletes at the same time so it's hard to say how much the TB helped on it's own.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Throttle body
  • miser143
  • Jul 13, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
201
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
CAMTWO1070
N
Sticky Throttle
  • NooStang
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
148
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
General karthief
Engine Hiccup at full throttle
  • keel
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
31
Views
895
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
keel
J
Help finding throttle body
  • jpmaxx
  • Apr 21, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
12
Views
318
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Apr 22, 2026
jpmaxx
J
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
180
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?