throw my car in the garbage

slow88stang

Jun 20, 2003
St Albert AB
i was replacing my passenger side ball joint the other day and found that i had play in my steering. my dad told me that it should be adjustable so i went into the ford dealer and one other private shop to ask about it. they both sais that i will need to get a whole new rack and pinion. i think im gonna just toss the car away its not really worth the time money and effort to me. :(
any ideas :shrug: ?????

• Sponsors (?)

If you want to toss your car thats your business but it can be replced in a couple of hours. In my town I can get a rebuilt rack at a local rebuild shor for about $149 and that is with tie rod ends.

You might have to jack engine up to get to the rear rack bolts.

check the steering shaft, every one said my stang had a bad rack and then when I got it I found the rag joint was worn out. I never fixed it, I already could drive it in a straight line cause my sister had it before me and I'd gotten used to it already. If the shaft has alot of play in it your probably safe, If you put two fairly big hose clamps on there right it'll hold realy good for a long time :p If it is the rack, they're not that big of a deal like Anlushac11 said.