• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Throw Out Bearing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 94coupe
  • Start date Start date Feb 4, 2014

94coupe

15 Year Member
Oct 6, 2013
138
0
17
Calgary ab
Feb 4, 2014
#1
  • Feb 4, 2014
  • #1
I need help...I just replaced my clutch,pilot and throw out bearing and it squeals unless my foot is on the clutch...? the one I took out was doing the same? is it possible that I got a bad bearings? is my cable stretched?
some one has had to have the same problem....before I pull out the tranny again?
 

pearlnotchback

5 Year Member
Dec 18, 2011
319
44
59
Tennessee
Feb 4, 2014
#2
  • Feb 4, 2014
  • #2
94coupe said:
I need help...I just replaced my clutch,pilot and throw out bearing and it squeals unless my foot is on the clutch...? the one I took out was doing the same? is it possible that I got a bad bearings? is my cable stretched?
some one has had to have the same problem....before I pull out the tranny again?
Click to expand...
I had that problem before. All i did was tightened my clutch cable and it stopped
 

94coupe

15 Year Member
Oct 6, 2013
138
0
17
Calgary ab
Feb 4, 2014
#3
  • Feb 4, 2014
  • #3
ya I don't have any adjustment....I guess I look at a bbk set up?
or are there any tricks?
 

Kumm3

Founding Member
Jul 30, 2002
527
33
69
East Hartford, CT
Feb 4, 2014
#4
  • Feb 4, 2014
  • #4
Grab your clutch pedal and pull it towards you. There is a stock click adjustment built into the pedal.
 

94coupe

15 Year Member
Oct 6, 2013
138
0
17
Calgary ab
Feb 4, 2014
#5
  • Feb 4, 2014
  • #5
Kumm3 said:
Grab your clutch pedal and pull it towards you. There is a stock click adjustment built into the pedal.
Click to expand...
ya ive done that....thanks
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
463
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
B
90Gt squeal/chirp when hot
  • Bvoss59
  • Jun 12, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
803
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 14, 2025
General karthief
B
A/C Issues
  • Boats90GT
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
159
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 11, 2026
Mcmahst
P
2002 T5 transmission vibration issue
  • puffoo
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
244
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Feb 22, 2026
puffoo
P
Engine Obstinate Pilot Bearing removal
  • FastDriver
  • Feb 12, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
40
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Feb 22, 2026
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?