• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Thrust Angle

  • Thread starter Thread starter FlyerFox0
  • Start date Start date Nov 29, 2007

FlyerFox0

New Member
Nov 24, 2007
20
0
0
Connecticut
Nov 29, 2007
#1
  • Nov 29, 2007
  • #1
Also, does anyone know what the factory specified range for the thrust vector is?
 

ScottM

Founding Member
Jun 7, 2002
219
0
16
Little Rock, AR
Nov 30, 2007
#2
  • Nov 30, 2007
  • #2
88 miles per hour?

Sorry, I don't know what thrust vector even is.
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Nov 30, 2007
#3
  • Nov 30, 2007
  • #3
ScottM said:
88 miles per hour?

Sorry, I don't know what thrust vector even is.
Click to expand...

I was totally thinking BTTF when I saw this thread...

googles thrust vector.... from what I'm reading, I believe you're asking about what MPH these cars are drag limited at? Correct? if so, somewhere around 145-150MPH without heavy modification.
 

stangdude2000

Founding Member
Jun 23, 2001
1,727
0
0
Northern VA
Nov 30, 2007
#4
  • Nov 30, 2007
  • #4
Well the cars definitely hit their "chipped" speed of 143. Can't imagine it is terribly higher. It will be slower with a wing than without.

Otherwise, you realize this is a CAR mustang forum, not a P51 Mustang forum, right?
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Nov 30, 2007
#5
  • Nov 30, 2007
  • #5
DarkFireGT said:
...without heavy modification.
Click to expand...

Our front ends are huge air catchers! All the openings in the main grill, upper grill, bumper and hood stick out further than the grill. That is one of the reasons many of us experience "hood lift" above certain speeds. You would have to push the grill out to meet the bmper and hood and almost make it a solid piece so most air goes around it, not in it. So the retro S197 look is nearly on par with the front end aerodynamics of the Mustang IIs.
 

Towelly

New Member
May 9, 2006
174
0
0
Dec 1, 2007
#6
  • Dec 1, 2007
  • #6
Perhaps he means thrust angle? The alignment angle? Also I don't recall and I'm at work at the moment so I don't have my service manual handy. I tried to google it but every promising link wants you to buy there spec book LoL
 

FlyerFox0

New Member
Nov 24, 2007
20
0
0
Connecticut
Dec 1, 2007
#7
  • Dec 1, 2007
  • #7
Hey, sorry guys, I meant thrust angle like towelly said lol. Does anyone know the factory specfied range for the thrust angle because I think mine might be too off center. I have a thurst angle of .12 degrees right now.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Suspension Setting Front Alignment - Do I care about the rear's thrust angle?
  • dan50
  • Nov 27, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
380
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 28, 2025
Kid wita 5oh
R
Interior and Upholstery How to remove seatbelt torx screw
  • Riley Barth
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
535
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 13, 2026
Noobz347
M
Electrical lights
  • Magnet86
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
209
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 14, 2026
Magnet86
M
B
Front brakes not releasing
  • Boats90GT
  • Sep 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
224
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
AeroCoupe
Resolved 1999 cobra removed lower intake manifold to crossovertube
  • hvcobra99
  • Sep 6, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
0
Views
109
SVT Tech Forum Sep 6, 2026
hvcobra99
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?