Ticking Noise from Dash....

normally i drive with the windows down and the radio up so the other day i had windows up radio off and heard a slight tick from the drivers side dash about 3 inches in from the a-pillar and almost by the windshield... its not a rattle. it sounds like an electric tick like a old watch or something..after you turn the car off it persists for about 15 seconds then slows to a stop. has anyone ever heard this noise.

• Sponsors (?)

stan, check the A pillar trim piece. sometimes they rattle against the dash, near the windshield. it just pops off, and pulls away from the windshield. pull it off, and see if it is the problem. if so, either install a little foam there to prevent a rattle, or a temporary fix is to use white lithium grease on it. that wont solve it permanently, but does the trick for a little while.

DASH RATTLE: i have/had a horrible dash rattle... take out the a-pillar trim and insulate the lower edge and on the dash.... i used a TOYOTA insulation kit (i work for Lexus) so it was left over from one of the many lexus dashes i have insulated..

CLUSTER: i hate that noise.... that is all. :notnice:

The trim ring on my far right vent rattles from time to time. You put the slightest pressure on it and it stops immediately, let go and it starts back up:nonono: Oh well, louder tunes and/or more gas pedal/lower gear takes care of it:nice: Also since adding the O/R H, the trim piece around the headlight switch will give off some noise. ARGH ARGH ARGH:D