Tighten ebrake?

SM0k3

Founding Member
Jun 3, 2001
La Palma, California
Is there a way to tighten the ebrake cable? I want to be able to lock the rear wheels and right now it doesnt even stop the car from rolling back or forward when parked in netural unless i pull it ALL the way up and even then if i go to the front of the car and push it a little you can move it.

anyone? i was gonna take the center console down to look but i want some suggestions first. :shrug:

BTW new pads and rotors all the way around.

• Sponsors (?)

check the bracket underneath the car right below the console....i had the same problem....the bracket was actually bending away from the floorpan when the e-brake was pulled instead pulling on the cables....i put a large self tapping bolt in the bracket and havent had any problems since

G_94_T said:
check the bracket underneath the car right below the console....i had the same problem....the bracket was actually bending away from the floorpan when the e-brake was pulled instead pulling on the cables....i put a large self tapping bolt in the bracket and havent had any problems since
Did you have to remove anything to put the self tapping bolt in? It looks like the driveshaft is in the way..