Time Warp ????

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah this sucks had to go back and re-register and redo evething else :fuss:
Oh well to be honest and I know its sad but I HAVE NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO. I'm sitting in my barracks by myself (everybody else in the field) for next three weeks (can't do much else with a cast and two screws in your foot), it would be alright if I had cable or $$$. :notnice:

Rootus said:
Hopefully some of it can be recovered, there was a lot of good information there.
Just read in another forum that it's official -- everything since January 3rd is gone for good. Bummer. I guess I'll get to do the whole "W00t! 6000 posts" thing again :D. And I lost my obnoxious CT...

Dave

guess its good for me since I havent posted much in the past few months.

Anyone know why they did this? did it get hacked, or just wanted to get rid of the **** that was cluttering up the forums?

1105 said:
Anyone know why they did this? did it get hacked, or just wanted to get rid of the **** that was cluttering up the forums?
MRaburn said the server locked up, and when it was rebooted it had corrupted all the database files. The most recent full backup of the database was from January 3rd. He says it's a 2GB database to backup, which is why they don't back it up more often.

Sounds to me like he needs to work out an arrangement with his ISP -- 2GB is nothin', we backup a -lot- more than that every night where I work (for an ISP... :)). It'll cost him a few bucks, but shouldn't be all that bad, especially when the alternative is losing all the posts and the most recent 7000 users...

Dave