• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Transmission Cooler For Manual Trannys?

  • Thread starter Thread starter haulbalz
  • Start date Start date Jul 22, 2005

haulbalz

Founding Member
Apr 6, 2002
448
0
0
Jul 22, 2005
#1
  • Jul 22, 2005
  • #1
Are there such things as trannys coolers for manual trannys? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I know that bitch hates heat, and it's weak anyways...
 

DougNuts

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2000
2,596
0
47
Georgetown Ky
Jul 22, 2005
#2
  • Jul 22, 2005
  • #2
haulbalz said:
Are there such things as trannys coolers for manual trannys? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I know that bitch hates heat, and it's weak anyways...
Click to expand...

I was wondering the same thing a couple of months ago, but I never got around to researching it. I imagine we would have to rig up some kind of pump to run the fluid through the cooler. My T5 was making a lot of heat when I was driving the mustang recently. The 4 catalytic converters don't help either though.
 

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
6,817
12
79
DFW Texas
Jul 22, 2005
#3
  • Jul 22, 2005
  • #3
Seems like I've seen them in the Nascar world.

Later
Grady
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Jul 22, 2005
#4
  • Jul 22, 2005
  • #4
I dont see a need personally. There is no pressurized fluid, like in an automatic.

It would be easier to run a synthetic, which should more than take the heat.

A 180* motor expels a lot of heat too, but it is barely entering its warm operating threshold (meaning that heat coming from the trans tunnel does not indicate a trans is running too hot - it just feels hot to us).
 

89MustangGX

I have nothing productive to add!
Jul 3, 2001
10,262
1
0
Mill Creek, WA
Jul 23, 2005
#5
  • Jul 23, 2005
  • #5
I have never seen a T5 fail due to heat. Until that time -- I don't see a need for it.
 

Labora

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2000
1,855
26
69
Dallas, Texas
Jul 23, 2005
#6
  • Jul 23, 2005
  • #6
Time would be better spent putting a cooler on the rear end. They CAN overheat after just a few laps on a open track.

For a street car? Probably overkill.
 

haulbalz

Founding Member
Apr 6, 2002
448
0
0
Jul 26, 2005
#7
  • Jul 26, 2005
  • #7
just checkin.. thanks
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Need help ordering a oil cooler and filter relocation kit but don't know what I need
  • Aiden Brown
  • Aug 22, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
76
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 14, 2026
squeak93
I
2000 GT Mustang - Transmission Cooler to Radiator o-rings
  • Iwarrior
  • Oct 4, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
187
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 4, 2025
Iwarrior
I
A
Overheating!
  • ashleyg
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
156
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 9, 2026
limp
K
4r70w transmission problems
  • Kiddmustang
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
173
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 21, 2026
squeak93
Proper Transmission fluid for a 84nwc t5
  • Sask84gt
  • Mar 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
671
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 10, 2026
Sask84gt
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?