Transmission Problems On 08 V6

leia89

Jan 3, 2018
I need some input. Ive had this automatic 2008 V6 for 2 years now. Currently has around 135k miles. At 113k I had to have the transmission rebuilt due to worn out bands and terrible transmission slipping. Since the rebuild (07/2016) I have had no issues at all.
However, about a month ago when it started to get cold I noticed the car run very rough and taking forever to warm up. Shortly after, to me, it felt like the tranny started slipping again. Shifts fine in 1st, 2nd, 3rd but has trouble finding 4th and RPM rev up. Freeway driving has become almoat impossible, as I try to accelerate RPM rev up and no power. I have to pull to shoulder and come to a complete stop again.
This problem is intermittent with no check engine light on and the computer spits out no codes.
Since I still have warranty on the tranny rebuild I figured I would get their input. Again, no codes and unable to duplicate problem while test driving. He suspected it was the engine, not the tranny. Checked for ATF levels and its not low on oil either (only been 20k miles since rebuild).
Another shop looked at it, again found no codes. They suggested I replace all spark plugs, ignition wiring and clean out all injectors etc. Had that done but problem persist. So far done:
Checked tranny oil levels
MAF
Spark plugs
Ignition wiring
Injectors etc cleaned
New battery and cables

No mechanic seems to be able to pinpoint the problem. I managed to record whats actually happening while driving. Video was shot about 5 miles into drive, starting at a redlight.. going no faster than 40mph. Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue?

View: https://youtu.be/vLDSzvtRkng

• Sponsors (?)

The car seems to be needing something at higher speed. Air-Fuel-Spark.
Air filter clean? MAF sensor? Good fuel? Filter? Injectors? Wiring? Timing?
I don't know what else to check it does seem strange to have it do this.
I think you have checked most everything...wish I could be of more help!!!