Turn Signal Constantly Shorting Out And Blowing Fuse

91foxbod50

Sep 26, 2007
I had my '90 coupe shipped from CA to NJ and when I picked up my car the turn signals were'nt working. I checked the relay under the passenger side glove box and replaced it. And it was still not working. I checked the fuses and it is constantly blowing one of them. Ive replaced it 2x and each time the blinker works for a period of time and then blows out. One thing that i did notice is it seems that the one relay that is supposed to be in the fuse compartment is missing. Bottom right circual relay almost identical to the one under the passenger side. Another situation that i am accounting for in my elimination process is that the Hazard switch does'nt work. I pulled it out and all the plastic retaining clips that hold the wires down are broken so it is possibe that the wires are mixed up.

Any opinions or something else i could check? I'm also going to clean my trunk out i have a feeling that i have a grounded wire because there is so much clutter in the trunk from moving from CA to NJ.

• Sponsors (?)