Tweecer HELP - Modified 94 GT 5.0 HO - looking for Tweecer tune to get started

RockOn

Feb 24, 2016
So I have a project car that I started almost 3 years ago and I am about 1-2 weeks away from first start-up.
I have a used base Tweecer that I hope someone can assist with a tune that will make the set-up behave and be somewhat driveable.

This is what I have:
- 94 GT short block - no mods
- TrickFlow Stage 1 CAM (Duration at 050 inch Lift: 221 int./225 exh, Duration: 275 int./279 exh, Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.499 int./0.510 exh, 112 degree lope)
- GT40p (3 bar explorer) heads (w/ TFS1 spring kit and valve job)
- 93 Cobra Intake (lower and upper - opening ported to match 75mm TB)
- Accufab 75mm TB
- 80mm Ford MAF
- 24# injectors
- smog, idler, AC, and PS pulley delete
- long pipes (but O2 sampling in 2 and 6 tubes)
- its the stock 94 F4Z5 computer

I do plan to send away for the R/T upgrade after I get her running, but want to start with something that I can shake the mechanicals out with.
Plan is to wrap it up (last details) while I am waiting for the R/T to come back.

Thanks for any help in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Without being able to log you will definitely need a wideband to monitor and adjust the tune. I would suggest running open loop and setting all mid to low load points in base and stabalized tables to 14.64. Then set both slopes to 24. If idle is lean lower both slopes together to richen it up. If rich you raise both by the same amount to lean it out. I generally adjust 25% one way or the other until seeing closer to demanded. Then can take away 10% to dial it back a little if over adjusted. After you find a good base slope you can then start with using them separate and have them switch with the breakpoint. The only other way to do this would be with hego feedback.

I agree with @a91what - you'll mostly want to make sure your injectors and MAF are accounted for. Everything else is going to be a bit of a wildcard. The Tweecer 'getting started' guide will help. This doesn't answer your request for a sample tune, but I'm not sure how many of those are floating out there for Tweecer at this point (Quarterhorse kind of won the battle of the piggy-back chips due to cost).

Published data will just be a starting point. Even after you input published data you will still need to tune to make commanded fuel match the air fuel ratio . I use a stock MAF and 24's. You would think i should be able to just load up the stock MAFand published 24 settings and the thing should be close to ok right? Not even close. Over 40% adjustment to get the car driveable. This is why i suggest open loop and equal slopes especially when first starting out.

Published data will just be a starting point. Even after you input published data you will still need to tune to make commanded fuel match the air fuel ratio . I use a stock MAF and 24's. You would think i should be able to just load up the stock MAFand published 24 settings and the thing should be close to ok right? Not even close. Over 40% adjustment to get the car driveable. This is why i suggest open loop and equal slopes especially when first starting out.
Who's 24's that makes a big difference. Every brand will have different deadtime, corrections, slopes ect. We simply offered information to get him started.

Who's 24's that makes a big difference. Every brand will have different deadtime, corrections, slopes ect. We simply offered information to get him started.
Injectors are ford. The tweecer can read the base tune from the computer. Then can start making adjustments to get the desired results. Im trying to offer the same as well. The main issue i see is having the base tweecer unit and no wideband on the list

folks thx for all the input - 24# are Ford blue top and MAF is 80mm from Lincoln so I have those curves/data tables. appreciate the link to the EFI tuning site. i have the list of key parameters to adjust to get started so will try to create a few options to try at startup since I have the 4 slots I can populate.

Reactions: 1 user