Electrical Un-tucking wiring harness. HELP

Pdandy

Nov 4, 2019
Nebraska
Does anyone have a detailed diagram or picture of how the wiring harness should be routed and which plugs go where on an 88 GT? I'm going to undo the crappy wire tuck that the previous owner of my car did and need some help. Something similar to this but more detailed. Maybe pictures of your own engine bays...

a-diagram-of-1995-mustang-engine-ford-mustang-wiring-diagram-ac-gt-spark-plug-wire-size-of-for...jpg

Mine as it was before I started tearing it apart

Screenshot_20191103-175514.jpg

As it sits right now

IMG_20191120_124813.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The diagram you posted looks like an SN95 type so that would have differences from a Foxbody. Start by getting diagrams or pictures for a Foxbody. I also suggest you search YouTube for Foxbody wire tuck. By watching people do the tuck, you can get ideas on how to undo it.

I when through this on the convertible I own because it had been tucked very poorly by previous owners. I brought it back not fully to stock but the best I could. In my case it wasn't too hard to figure out because I had my black LX right here with a stock harness installed to guide me.

I'll try and get some pics for you tomorrow evening from the convertible to show you roughly where things should be.

I see that your car has MAF sensor. And you say the car is an 88. For most Foxbody cars, MAF didn’t enter production until 89. There was an exception, which was cars produced for sale in California had MAF in 88.

I wonder if your car is a California 88, or a regular 88 that has been converted from Speed Density to MAF.

I see that your car has MAF sensor. And you say the car is an 88. For most Foxbody cars, MAF didn’t enter production until 89. There was an exception, which was cars produced for sale in California had MAF in 88.

I wonder if your car is a California 88, or a regular 88 that has been converted from Speed Density to MAF.

It was converted to maf. It's got an ecu from a 93.

Finally got it all out of the wiper area and the main harness tucked up against the fire wall. Also got the solenoid moved back inside the engine compartment. Still have some cleaning up to do on the left side. Once the engine is out I'll be able to re route the battery cables as well.

IMG_20191123_212816.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Nice work. Getting all the proper grounds accounted for and securely fastened in their proper place is important too.

gd.jpg

Reactions: 1 users