Hi all,

New user here browsing for information to keep my beast running.

What is it, you might ask?

A Canadian built 87 LTD Crown Vic wagon about to roll over 200k and still my daily driver work vehicle getting 20mpg on the highway.

Basically a stock 5.0 EFI with an AOD with parts being replaced as needed.

So far I have replaced:

Plugs, wires, distributor, coil, MAP, radiator, water inlet, thermostat, radiator hoses, heater core, rotors and pads, repacked original Timken bearings, rear shoes and brake hardware.

Recently bought a timing light and automotive multimeter with tach/dwell function and set timing.

Smog pump siezed this summer so that's on the list to replace and replumb by inspection time come this summer.

Not a mechanic unless I need to be for the most part. I am a gardener (NOT landscaper/lawn mower) by trade. Mostly just poor, white, working class that loves their boat and wants to keep it alive.

Not interested in high dollar performance but might eventually would like to squeeze a little more performance out of her.

Put it on the list like everything else, right?

Would love to hear from anyone in the Hampton Roads area of VA if they frequent this board, but always ready to listen to good info from whomever.

See ya around.

20161223_142611.jpg 20161223_142611.jpg 20161226_140637.jpg
20161223_142611.jpg
20161226_140637.jpg
20160404_144156.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey brother, welcome to stangnet.

Now how much fun could i have modifying that wagon!?

Here's what you ought to do. Snoop around the '79-'95 subforums first, get to know the guys and gals there. When you have need of any help, start a new thread asking your questions. Chime in on any thread that interests you.

I know we have a couple of members somewhat close to you.

Come on now, let's hot rod that sucker! We'll gladly help you do it. If you've replaced a heater core, you can do most any other work on it. Heater cores tend to be a PITA.

Good to have you with us.

Hey brother, welcome to stangnet.

Now how much fun could i have modifying that wagon!?

Here's what you ought to do. Snoop around the '79-'95 subforums first, get to know the guys and gals there. When you have need of any help, start a new thread asking your questions. Chime in on any thread that interests you.

I know we have a couple of members somewhat close to you.

Come on now, let's hot rod that sucker! We'll gladly help you do it. If you've replaced a heater core, you can do most any other work on it. Heater cores tend to be a PITA.

Good to have you with us.

Thank you brother, glad to be here. Trust me, I have done plenty of lurking in those forums already. The Thermactor/vacuum system graphics were already a great find, hence my desire to redo the smog system.

I'm more of a research than direct question type guy, but I'm sure I'll think of something to ask.

Thanks again for the welcome. See ya around.

PS here's my other wagon, an 89 Country Squire LX. She's dead at the moment, but once the daily driver is 99% it's on the list for a complete parking lot teardown and rebuild.

Attachments

• wagon2.JPG
    wagon2.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: 1 user