Unneeded wires

DemonGT

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Sparta,WI
I was removing my charcoal canister today and starting looking around at some of the stuff on the passenger side fender wondering what is what and
if i can remove any of it? I know behind the tower there is a vacuum cluster that is unhooked and hanging but i do not know what any of the other stuff is?
I have no EGR, smog or A/C.

Attachments

• enginejunk.jpg
    enginejunk.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 81
  • enginejunk2.jpg
    enginejunk2.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

You need to get a repair manual to learn what you're dealing with, since you are eliminating the charcoal canister (do you know what it is even for?) I would say you're not really familiar with these cars.
No offense

You need to get a repair manual to learn what you're dealing with, since you are eliminating the charcoal canister (do you know what it is even for?) I would say you're not really familiar with these cars.
No offense
Yes, i know what it does. Im switching over to a Pimpxs and ditching the stock ECU. And yes...your right i am new to foxbody's.

Agree with those above, keep the charcoal canister. Why would you want to remove it anyway? Weight savings? IF so, take a big dump before your drive. Should be about the same.

PimpXS won’t control it.

easy solution that the factory five cobra guys do. Get a sprinkler head from Home Depot. Connect the evap line to the head and fill it with activated charcoal. Mount it higher than the gas tank. You may need to replace the charcoal periodically, and if you roll over, gas will dump out of it. So don’t do that

Actually, if you can build a custom circuit on the PinpXS you can program an input/output to control it. I’m doing this with my MS3X but unsure if the pimp has the same capability

Last edited:
@Mustang5L5 do you know when the purge valve is open to the intake? Is it open all the time when the engine is running or just in a certain RPM range? The answer to that would make a work around easier. It would be also good to know for testing. Thanks.

@Mustang5L5 do you know when the purge valve is open to the intake? Is it open all the time when the engine is running or just in a certain RPM range? The answer to that would make a work around easier. It would be also good to know for testing. Thanks.

I don't know the specifics, but I believe it is at part throttle cruise only, and only when engine temp is above a certain threshhold.

If these values were known, it would be pretty easy to set it up in megasquirt

@jrichker do you know when the charcoal evap valve is supposed to open and close?
Anyone else know for sure if our guru has not run across that?

I don't know the specifics, but I believe it is at part throttle cruise only, and only when engine temp is above a certain threshhold.

If these values were known, it would be pretty easy to set it up in megasquirt