Upper door belt line trim advice needed

• Sponsors (?)

Those would be 79 doors then. I looked back at your pic of the door edge again and it looks strange (only glanced and saw the holes before, but never looked closely at them). On '87-up doors, there only five holes for the trim, four 1/8" and one larger one at the rear for the trim. You have six holes. Haven't seen that before. I've never seen a trim piece next to the window felt on the earlier cars before. Maybe someone drilled them to put that trim on and wrecked the clips and quit there?

Leave it to me to find a car I can't find parts for...lol. Thanks for the input.
May end up welding the holes shut and painting that strip of the door black.

HI, I have an extra set of these from a pace car, and a GHIA it takes 4 parts for a complete set, two long ones and two short ones, the short ones go behind the door and are installed with a sliding clip and nut, the front take plastic clips with inserts in the holes. One seet is silver one is black, the mirrors do not need changing, the clips are available on amazon from blue oval . If interested let me know.

That’s the piece that rides up against the window, I’m looking for the body trim piece that mounts directly to the door per my picture. Not sure If there is a different name for it.

The more I look at it though it may contain both pieces. I have looked at them before in my search but didn’t get the feel that it was what I needed.
hey two years later since you last talked about this. I’m going through the same struggle as you went through. By chance did you ever find the solution? I just recently painted my fox and don’t want to fill in the holes and have to repaint. Thank you