• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

upstream vs downstream oxygen sensor

  • Thread starter Thread starter impulse001
  • Start date Start date Jan 24, 2010
I

impulse001

New Member
Jan 16, 2008
84
0
0
New Jersey
Jan 24, 2010
#1
  • Jan 24, 2010
  • #1
Hey,

I was going to replace my oxygen sensors so I called up Autozone to get a price. They were asking me if I wanted an upstream or downstream O2 sensor. What is the difference between them? Which one do I need?
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,324
18,049
224
Massachusetts
Jan 24, 2010
#2
  • Jan 24, 2010
  • #2
Well, we only have 1 each side. It's mounted upstream of the main cats.
 
I

impulse001

New Member
Jan 16, 2008
84
0
0
New Jersey
Jan 24, 2010
#3
  • Jan 24, 2010
  • #3
Mustang5L5 said:
Well, we only have 1 each side. It's mounted upstream of the main cats.
Click to expand...

Awesome, thank you very much. Ill go pick up 2 upstream sensors then..
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

L
Electrical problems with passenger side downstream o2 sensor
  • Lexiii12
  • Sep 14, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
73
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Lexiii12
L
J
O2 sens
  • JJ's90fox
  • Sep 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
226
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 12, 2025
Mustang5L5
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
436
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
B
Saying Hi
  • BriansNSane
  • Dec 20, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
361
The Welcome Wagon Dec 21, 2025
BriansNSane
B
L
2004 Mustang Oxygen (O2) Sensor Issue
  • letumeternum
  • Dec 30, 2024
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Lexiii12
L
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?