vert rear seat delete

gcwh02

Jun 20, 2005
pottstown, PA
does anyone make a rear seat delete for the vert? or does anyone have any suggestions for a light-weight rear seat delete. I have a 6 point cage so the back seats are pretty pointless and im taking out the back seat belts. any suggestions?? thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Vert is bassically the smae as a notch. I would think you cold modify a delete kit to work froma notch. But why would you want to delete the rear seat in a vert? You wont save 15-20# of weight.

Vert is bassically the smae as a notch. I would think you cold modify a delete kit to work froma notch. But why would you want to delete the rear seat in a vert? You wont save 15-20# of weight.

because I just converted my interior from red to black and the only thing that is red is the back seat. Plus I have a roll cage and no one can use the back seat really.

because I just converted my interior from red to black and the only thing that is red is the back seat. Plus I have a roll cage and no one can use the back seat really.

just dye the rear seat black, i did and it holds up fine, its rare i let anyone ride in the back but if they do there fine with it..it dont transfer to there colths or anything either. if no one sits in it...then its just there to be there...nothing looks more rigged then seat deletes in anything but a full out one purpose drag car....especially in a vert.

just dye the rear seat black, i did and it holds up fine, its rare i let anyone ride in the back but if they do there fine with it..it dont transfer to there colths or anything either. if no one sits in it...then its just there to be there...nothing looks more rigged then seat deletes in anything but a full out one purpose drag car....especially in a vert.

hmm good idea, whats the stuff called to dye the seats?

ive never understood rear seat deletes. fox rear seats are foam and lite as hell why remove them? cosmestics maybe? especially in a coupe or vert. i can semi understand the weight of GT or lx seats with all the metal brackets and such, but still by the time you add all that plywood and supports its gonna be about the same.

ive never understood rear seat deletes. fox rear seats are foam and lite as hell why remove them? cosmestics maybe? especially in a coupe or vert. i can semi understand the weight of GT or lx seats with all the metal brackets and such, but still by the time you add all that plywood and supports its gonna be about the same.

i understand where you are coming from 100%. I just don't want red rear seats with the rest of my interior black. I will dye them if i can do it right

I don't understand most deletes, either ... at least as far as delete "kits" are concerned. Just removing the rear seat, altogether, and painting the exposed area to match is good enough, IMO, although the NHRA will expect you to bolt in some sheetmetal (aluminum, preferrably) to replace it so you can pass tech inspections.

I would remove the rear seat on my 'vert, but I can't figure out how to get the damned upper half off (the lower half, of course, just lifts right out). I dunno where the hell it bolts down at, or if you just have to muscle the thing off of some spring clips or something... :shrug:

I don't understand most deletes, either ... at least as far as delete "kits" are concerned. Just removing the rear seat, altogether, and painting the exposed area to match is good enough, IMO, although the NHRA will expect you to bolt in some sheetmetal (aluminum, preferrably) to replace it so you can pass tech inspections.

I would remove the rear seat on my 'vert, but I can't figure out how to get the damned upper half off (the lower half, of course, just lifts right out). I dunno where the hell it bolts down at, or if you just have to muscle the thing off of some spring clips or something... :shrug:

theres two bolts at the bottom. u gotta lay on your side then pull the bottom conner of the seat towards you, then you should see the bolts...i think there 12mm but its been a few months since i last messed with them.

Cool, I'll take a peek at it tomorrow morning and see if I can rip that sucker outta there. Since the top motor isn't hooked up right, I have to manually lift the top back up, and it makes it easier when I can just stand there in the back-seat area and lift it that way (otherwise I wind up straining my back muscles, or needing a helper). :nice:

FWIW, when I weighed the top and bottom halves of my rear seat in my notch while standing on a bathroom scale, it came out to be 25 pounds. The galvenized sheetmetal piece I used for awhile as my rear seat delete (to pass NHRA tech at Firebird, I needed a panel there) only weighed 7 pounds ... basically, I just took a big metal drip pan and cut out a big notch so it would clear the center hump, and then painted it black ... so that's 18 pounds of savings if you decide to go that route.

i understand where you are coming from 100%. I just don't want red rear seats with the rest of my interior black. I will dye them if i can do it right

its simple..its really just like painting.. light coats so they can soak in...and since none will be sitting in it you wont have to worry about wear on it.