volts up and down. bad ground??

beemrmem3

Founding Member
Jan 8, 2002
Washington
So when im driving and I hit a bump sometime the volts will drop wayyy down and the engine will even cut out briefly. Then if I hit a few more bumps it will jump back up to almost normal levels and run fine. Now if i shut it off when then volts are down it will crank really slow and not start sometimes. Sometimes it will even just give me the clicking noise. So obviously there isn't enough voltage going to the starter. When the volts are up, it starts fine.

Something is loose right? I checked the battery to block ground to make sure it was tight, and also the block to chassis ground. I cleaned the chassis to block ground terminals and made sure they were tight, but the wire looked in not so good shape.

Any Ideas guys?

• Sponsors (?)

He means the fat power cable at the back of the alternator. Make sure the connection is tight. Also, like I mentioned on your other thread, check the power distribution block connection (which is the other end of the alternator cable connection).

Good luck.

sorry that was weak, pull the fuel pump fuse then check while cranking u should be able to tell where u are loosing voltage, try it on the power and ground side of the starter, if it happens when driving it might not have to do with your starting system try the power distribution block lk hissin said