Wanted: Sparkplug Wire Recommendations for my 97 Cobra 4.6 32 valve

97_Cobra

Mar 17, 2006
Hello Everyone,

It is time to change the plugs and wires on my 1997 Cobra 4.6 32v. I have decided to use NGK plugs (narrowing down between TR55 V-power and TR55GP G-power plat.). But I don't know what wires to used. Does any one have recommendations on what to use? Or what not to use?

Thanks a ton!

~Erik

I have a 98 Cobra and I put a set of Taylor wires in it and they've been good to me so far, plus they look good. They're rather expensive but seem to be good. I was gonna get MSD wires but they were out of them and I think the stock wires are decent too, they're more of a custom fit. I had to do a little rerouting of a few of the wires to take up the slack. I'd steer clear of Duralast from Autozone!

plug wires

well ... i waited as long as i could.... replaced the spark plug wires while i replaced the alternator on my cobra today.... 187K miles...

i will say that the ford motorsport wires ... bought them from steeda years ago never put them on cause i couldnt find any wire looms to fit..... these babies are fat .... i went with the bosch plugs....

wow you got 187k out of your wires. thats impressive most of them fial and you get missfires well under 100k

Yeah ... I'm at 50K for miles ... I'm not sure how long the wires (stock) are good for. I see that the wires vary thickness. What thoughts do you have on that?

I hit 69k miles in my 97 cobra exactly a week ago and desided it was time for new plugs, (bought the car at 64k) anyways i did lots a research and desided to go with the denso iridium plugs, $13 each, but going from ngk iridium to denso, i could feel the difference.
I havnt gotten new plug wires yet but im thinking about msd 9mm if they have them.
Also u said ud gotten 50k miles rite? while i was changing mine, 2 of my plugs had oil on them, so i had to go to ford and i got new valve cover gaskets and spark plug seals, i cant remember the exact name but those ran me about $115, so keep that in mind if u find oil around the spark plugs.