Wanted To Share My S197 Mod

Nightshiftie

Oct 23, 2017
Hello everyone,

I just finished an experimental mod combining the illuminated pony emblem with billet grille on the S197. Somewhat resembling an imprisoned, I call this build the "KAGE mod" and it is the FIRST EVER! Enjoy:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7YYhEXClEk

Main Components:

Ford Light Up Front Grille Pony Emblem
Black Retro Billet Grille
California Special Lower Grille
Mounting: Aluminum Mesh
Lower valence fog lamps with diode dynamics white bulbs

The light activates with my side marker light and does not need any additional switches or batteries. I am extremely satisfied with the results and feel like my car will still look fresh in 2049!

For anyone who wants to try this themselves, the trick to getting the emblem to work on the S197 was to SWITCH THE WIRES going to the emblem. Even though the S197 and S550 have the same front marker connector that connects to the emblem, the polarity on them are different. (Try at your own risk)
smile.gif

Cheers guys, and stay creative.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

For anyone who wants to try this themselves, the trick to getting the emblem to work on the S197 was to SWITCH THE WIRES going to the emblem. Even though the S197 and S550 have the same front marker connector that connects to the emblem, the polarity on them are different. (Try at your own risk)
smile.gif

Try what?

I don't see a single picture of your car with any of these mods. :shrug:

Hello everyone,

I finally found some time to write up instructions on how to install the KAGE mod. Do at your own risk! Let's get started:

Materials Needed:

Billet Retro Grille: https://www.americanmuscle.com/black...le-1314v6.html

California Special Billet Grille (If you want to match) V6, the tabs on your grille surround will be chrome in color. (GT is black) After installing the KAGE mod, the tabs will show if you look at it very closely at owners distance. You can either hide them with black tape/paint or keep them exposed. I kept mine exposed for a more industrial look.

Attachments

• Instructions.jpg
    Instructions.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 217
  • 20171029_175944.jpg
    20171029_175944.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: 1 user