We Win NASCAR Garage Passes from Clint Bowyer & Son Gets Dale Jr Book Signed

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Boca Raton, Florida
What an interesting weekend. General Karthief, your jacket is famous! So many people came up to my son to talk about the Dale Jr. Bud jacket.

My two boys (13 & 19) and I had Friday night truck tickets. We got there around 2:45 to see other events (Xfinity practice, Truck Qualifying, Cup Qualifying, etc.).

After we watched Truck qualifying we were walking around and my youngest son says "Clint Bowyer and cash are in the Ford area." We role up and I snap a few pics and we're about to leave when the announcer says Clint is giving away Garage / Pit passes if you can answer a trivia questions. Both my boys are walking NASCAR trivia Wikipedia pages. So Clint asks the question (you can see it in the YouTube Video 2:48 of the video below). The question was asked and of hundreds of people there my oldest son Joseph raises his hand. I'm like Clint is in for it now. Well in the video that wasn't the original question, he had asked a different queston about the Taladega running order by my son said, "after Kurt Busch ran out of fuel on the last lap or before?" Clint was like oh yeah, he did. Then he rephrased the question to the one you hear in the video.

Then the night changed with those Garage passes. All of sudden we're walking the garage running into drivers. I bumped into Matt Crafton literally 3 times, seems like he was looking for attention. Reddick I also ran into and when I say that I mean it. People have to stay behind the yellow line including drivers so we're all jammed into a little area. Algier, Poole and a few others are in the video.

My son got a picture with the Truck Champion literally minutes of him climbing into the truck and winning the race plus Championship.

My son got a picture with Natalie Decker, he's got a thing. She was very nice.

We bought Dale Jr's book on Friday and those who did got a guaranteed signature from Dale on Sunday so we went back for that.

You can see all of the above in the video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENT-eTuSg8

Here are just a few pics for those who are at work.

31014352937_5e6c08b7a3_h.jpg
Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr

31014362027_eafba60936_h.jpg

45953406161_93d01594ab_h.jpg

45041260105_6d08c638a5_h.jpg

45041261295_014bd5f178_h.jpg

44136812100_7e5fe72c5a_h.jpg

45041265285_9cc3362d90_h.jpg

45953435401_4688c0ea4c_h.jpg

45904099772_7e857db8da_h.jpg

45904101632_6ba222b5b8_h.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Sounds like an awesome day and you got some great pictures!

Not sure why your son has a thing for Natalie Decker :drool:

I know right, her boyfriend was over to the side with the stink eye, ha.

My kids said this was a top 5 weekend if not the best ever in their life.

That's all a Dad wants to hear. Not many of both my sons friends hang out with their parents but mine do.

• Winner
COOL! I'm soooo glad I gave that jacket to him, he deserved it.

He wore it proudly and even in 90 degree heat yesterday. I thought Dale Jr. would have acknowledge that but he was instructed not to talk with people since the line was so long and everyone had to get signed. I wanted him to sign that rookie car Joseph was holding but the dude collecting the tickets said to put it away.

Some drunks were inconsiderate screaming at Dale Jr. but he never even looked up, just kept signing. I'm sure it happens all the time.

Clint Bowyer was the best, he busted on his Dale Jr. shirt for wearing it at a Ford event. Hey, Joseph grabbed the microphone back and mentioned the 94GT project car. They video was great.