Weird Hissing Type Noise

I have a 2000 GT and my car has been making a weird noise lately. It might only be when it is cold like in mornings. At least that is when I notice it, but could be more often. When driving, a hissing sound sounds like it is coming from underneath the car. Sounds almost like an air hose, but not quite as loud. It only happens when the clutch is out. Does not matter if in gear or not. Have to be moving though. If I do hear it, once I put the clutch in, it stops. Release it and it starts again. It is an intermittent sound. Not constant. It can be constant for a few seconds but starts and stops frequently.

I have no idea what it could be. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.
Wondering if I should have the car looked at, but not sure it will happen when I take it in. Would like some idea of what to tell them if I do.

Also, on side note, car just got to 100,000 miles.

• Sponsors (?)

What you are hearing is the throw-out bearing making noise. When you are off of the clutch pedal, the load is off of the bearing, when you load the bearing by pressing on the clutch the noise changes. Nothing to worry about yet. But it will need to be replaced when you change the clutch in the car.

Really? Ok, cool.

I have never replaced clutch or bearing in my car and I have had it since it had around 28K miles. Now at 100000. Only problems have had with car was A/C compressor clutch. Then just oils changes and then modding car. Haven't even touched the plugs. Probably should replace those though.

yea i have the exact same thing, it sounds like an air hissing noise, i doubt it has to do with the tob.. mine goes away once my car is warmed up but its kinda loud before its warmed up.

id love to be able to tighten something down and prevent it from leaking or whatever its doing while cold though

If its any help, over the winter my TOB was making a squeaky noise when engaged on cold mornings. It was a shick shick shick shick type sound. It goes away when the engine warms up. I have not experienced it since Spring began and the weather warmed up.

The hissing noise you describe preceded the TOB squeak. My clutch still feels good and I don't drive my car hard so I'm just going to ignore the TOB squeak and hiss until they become a problem and the whole clutch will have to be replaced.

"If it ain't broke, fix it with until it is" - US Navy Preventative Maintenance System (PMS)