weird ticking noise

maxima

Oct 5, 2004
when i start the car in the morning and drive about a block or so when its cold 30 something degrees i get this ticking.... only when im at an idle. if i press on the clutch and let up on it it goes away right away and i dont hear it again at all all day unless i start the car again when its cold 30s. wont happen in the 40s 45 degrees or so... i thaught it might be an exhaust leak but i went to the muffler shop and no leaks..i thaught when its cold it would leak but when it warmed up the pipe would expand and stop the leak guess not.. its wierd because i press the clutch and poof gone.. what the hell is it? only when the cars dead cold.. like overnight

• Sponsors (?)

Its your throwout bearing on your clutch. Thats why when you push your clutch in it goes away.
its a ticking not a chirping though.. and i press the clutch and let off of it and its gone and stays gone. i could understand if i pressed the clutch and it went away but released it and started clicking again..AND only when really cold outside..