Well, Summit racing screwed me again..Twice in one month. I almost lost $200.00

gruvee87vertgt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Chicago, Il
So, I just get my headers that I paid $600.00 today. I was about to install them when I realized that they are chrome and not ceramic coated like I ordered. So the chrome ones go for $400.00

I am pissed. I am going to fed ex now to return them and not do any more business with them.

Last week they sent me used gressey junk....I let that one slide.

Also, adding insult to injury...in the packing slip it sez that my order went thru quailty control.....Bull S h i t!

• Sponsors (?)

Man... never had a problem with them. Not even on orders that came from multiple locations.

You must live under a bad omen or something. hehe

For headers... Bassani 1 3/4 ceramic coated (if you want shorties). I put a set on my blown stroker... Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. :nice:

i have ordered lots of parts for my car and summit hasnt messed up once. i always have gotten great prices, good customer service, speedy shipping and the right part. its always packed really well also. my only complaint is tech support can be slightly abrasive at times.

Summit is absolutely the best company I have ever deal with over the internet. Example: When I did my H/C/I etc job a few months ago, they sent me a set of FRPP JetHot coated headers that had a little nick in the coating on one tube. I called them up, they overnighted me a new set without me even asking them to, put out a call tag for UPS to come pick up the damaged ones, and didn't even charge my card for the second set like a lot of companies would do, then refund me when they got the original ones back. I've dealt with them successfully for years. I've spent thousands of dollars there and returned my fair share without any hassles or mix-ups.

Sorry you've had a rough time, but it's obvious from the responses that you're in a very small minority.

blownlxvert said:
ive been screwed by them before, bitching got me nowhere.

I'm with you on this one. They couldn't have had a more "I don't give a ****" attitude. It's funny how when they take your money on a debit card, they get it immediately. When it comes time to issue a credit, it takes a week.

Lems