Well well well...the car has be beaten by ME!

AznStanger3v

Aug 11, 2003
Northern VA
Seems the car has been taken down, Big A style. Had a nasty vacuum with a little timing issue. Now my car is relearning everything..idle and the such. Ive got an issue or two right now. Whenever i go to shift, the RPMs jump up about 400 RPMs from where i was shifting from. Ie: 1st to 2nd i go to shift at 2500 and when i push the clutch in, it goes up to 2900. odd. im not worried about it bc my boss is going into my comp tomorrow and setting everything. Another thing is when i was racing a Corolla tonight, it sounded like i had a wastegate from a turbo. Oh, that corolla got his ass handed to him so badly with my GF in the car, i rolled the window down and laughed in his face SOOOO loud. he looked so embarassed. he just gunned it by me and i caught him in a heartbeat. he had it "hooked up" with the license plate "LOW ROLA"....GAY! well, anyways, anyone know what that noise is? I replaced:

TrickFlow Street Heat
76mm C&L MAF (Fox body style)
24lb squiters
BBK 70mm TB.

maybe its all that air going in??? :shrug: ill have my boss figure it out if no one can help me. thanks fellas. im gonna take some pics of my car when i wash it bc i told you guys i would post pics of my car with the hood painted and what not. Well, i got my hood painted a month ago. im late, sorry.

• Sponsors (?)

donjohn said:
well there is a lot more air moving around so that'd be my guess

i wouldn't even waste the gas on a corolla, that's just sad

i didnt want to, but i had to see what my new hp can do. even though it was running like sh-it with a passenger and full trunk with all sorts of heavy junk, i put a raping on him. and the funny thing was him and his posse were talking crap when there was an inter-school car show. you know those ricer boys. they kept giving me these dirty looks and what not. i told one that if he looks at me like that again, ill punch his teeth into the back of his skull. needless to say, him and his friends learned to just look at each other. :nice:

but anyways, i think it is the air too. bc if it was a leak, i wouldve caught it due to me revving hard while setting the idle and what not.

I have the same problem you have. It's just what people mean when they say "hanging idle". Your IAC valve is open during normal cruise, so when you let off of the throttle, the IAC is still letting air into the engine, so you get that extra 500 rpm's when you lift off.

Do a search on "hanging idle" and I think you find what you need. Also, if you fix your problem, let me know, because I pretty much did what they said to do & it didn't fix the problem.

My hanging idle started when I broke my IAC valve & started playing with the TB stop screw and IAC/TB screw to fix the idle problem (ended up being broken IAC).

Don't forget to post back when you fix it.
Scott

Nice kill Allan :nice: :worship: Also :nice: on threatening to kick some ricer ass! :owned:
Mo Dingo was right about the hanging idle thing, that sounds about right to me.

I also can't wait to see pics of your car, I've only seen like 2 or 3 the whole time I've been here.

If it's a whistle or whining noise, it's the BBK throttle body itself. It is usually caused by sharp edges on the holes for the IAC. You can either try another throttle body, or, if it were mine, take some emery cloth or a file to the openings and lay the edges back a bit. It probably won't cure it completely, but it should help out a ton.

Scott is right on with the hanging idle too.

Both problems are in the IAC.

Joe

sweet guys. i had my boss order me an IAC and ill be set soon. And as for the pics, i havent gotten to put any up do to a thief pulling the ol' 1-2 on me. he ganked my camera.... actually, he ganked my dads camera :rlaugh: he was so pissed. but yeah, im taking pics with a normal camera and having them put the pics on a cd for me.