Fox What are some good Lx tail light options? Aftermarket/ledor oem style..

Smurfstang88

Nov 11, 2019
Virginia
I have been looking around at tail light options for a while now and have yet to find any that seem like they are of quality or stand out without looking cheesy or ugly. I have old crappy oem ones that have paint overspray on the housing itself and the lense is cracked on one side i could probably fix them if i wanted but just new lenses cost a bit.. so i was looking at the led ones that are smoked and they look ok but im not sure if they are chinsy and dont probably look like they belong on a fox, and really haven’t seen any other options, so what style are you guys running? And is there any that stand out without looking like crap? Or is my best option oem, or oem smoked? Can you put leds that look better than factory in the originals? Any input is appreciated :D

• Sponsors (?)

1637980949643.jpeg

93 Cobra, SVO, or 85/86 GT tails.

Reactions: 1 users
0C5A3126-E540-43F7-9E7C-CCA3DC554F57.jpeg

Were SVO taillights that I took the pinstripes off of. Now I think it’s more of an 85-86 GT style. Think it looks good on my ‘87.

Attachments

• 982ED3C1-C8FF-4985-AB11-6B9EC1CE651D.jpeg
    982ED3C1-C8FF-4985-AB11-6B9EC1CE651D.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I think most people on here prefer the OEM styles. The full smooth finish of some of the aftermarket ones gives a nice clean look, but I hate the look of the light projections they put out.

I would love to have an LED style lights (possibly with sequential turn signals) in a housing that will give an OEM look, but haven't found any that I like. Currently I have 85/86 tail lights that I painted Cobra/SVO stripes on.

20180613_100609.jpg

If you are on Instagram, this guy does a lot of custom LED taillights. They aren’t cheap though, but I’ve seen a number of unique setups that he has done. Colors, flash patterns, etc.
A0649586-3F54-4CDA-8ED9-06B58CA8A2DB.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I like the 86 taillights best and would love a set for my 87 GT, but you can't get them anywhere right now. All sold out everywhere I look. If anyone knows where I could get a pair I'd appreciate the help.

Second to those I like the 87 to 93 LX taillights. I almost bought a pair of those yesterday, but am holding out for the 86 taillights.

My least favorite are the original 87 GT taillights on my car presently and the aftermarket ones. Agsin, just my opinion and nothing more.

car-part.com

There a bunch local to me in St. Louis. Most likely you will need to do some restoration on a 35 year old headlight, but it is not a big deal. Paint the plastic surfaces, then clean and buff out the tail lens. I have seen where the chrome fails internally, although there are some pretty neat options to repair that.

Hmm so far yea pretty much what I expected.. nothing really that quite catches my eye, i like the oem ones but just want something new i think.. the led (grid) idk what else to call it looks out of place and cheesy. Other than that it seems everyone is running the same ones which look nice other than the orange i cant stand lol it just sticks out to me.. the regular old lx ones might be my best option at this point

OUiT5gVS8_6l3SfbrhzZaO3cgbvv9B29TWG_35wqvWZ9r-W8Hg.jpg

I have a set of these that I spray tinted the lenses, but never installed on my car.

IMG_0873.JPG
Best pic I have with them on the car. I could try to get one in the next little bit (I am a few hours away from where it is stored for winter), I could pop them back on and turn on lights, brakes, etc, but it could be a couple weeks.

• Angry
OUiT5gVS8_6l3SfbrhzZaO3cgbvv9B29TWG_35wqvWZ9r-W8Hg.jpg

I have a set of these that I spray tinted the lenses, but never installed on my car.

IMG_0873.JPG
Best pic I have with them on the car. I could try to get one in the next little bit (I am a few hours away from where it is stored for winter), I could pop them back on and turn on lights, brakes, etc, but it could be a couple weeks.
Those actually look pretty nice, and assuming even more killer tinted im interested to see a better pic when that time comes:nice:

Does anyone have a set like these on their car, they look kind of clean to me but unsure how they will fair installed. Im assuming @Boostedpimp this is similar to what u are describing?

Attachments

• B76FDAC3-2164-4ED6-A6C9-D01FF1C87CB8.png
    B76FDAC3-2164-4ED6-A6C9-D01FF1C87CB8.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 100