Electrical What are these plugs?

Hello, i just recently picked up a 1988 GT t top roller that i’m putting a motor in, i was looking over the wiring harness and noticed these three connectors on the headlight harness along the radiator support i’ve never seen before, i’ve only had LX cars before this so i don’t know if this is specific to the GT or if they should even be there, any help is appreciated!
16169937-4BFC-4C54-93C2-8B0D1FC5E72D.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

They are on this harness on ebay:

Looked at other harness on there for sale and they either don't have them or are well hidden in the pictures. Interesting for sure.

They look factory but I don't remember ever seeing them on any of my cars. My current car has a 88 gt convertible harness in it. During the swap I never noticed those connectors. Might need to take note of the wire colors and trace them back.

What are the wire colors on those plugs?

The seem faded but look like one is either an orange or yellow wire, and the other two are black. Are they the same black wire?

From the wiring diagrams, those wires run to the alternator voltage regulator.

What's the build date on your '88? I've come to find there were some wiring changes in 1988 based on an early or late build. Mine is Feb or '88 and does not have those.

Reactions: 1 user